big spider found in a house in manchester

tintin40":4fnl7ovx said:
I read once that people eat 7 spiders a year from them hanging down while we sleep and fall in to the sleepers mouth :LOL:
I believe this is true - they are looking for a warm place to hide and, well, it probably isnt their finest choices!

I have a wierd thing with spiders - I love how they live and find them fascinating, but I cannot physically touch one. I dont mind being close to them or popping them in a glass, just really can't touch them. As for huntsmans, have a peek at this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bRV4d9LC ... re=related

Best watched with sound for maximum hilarity!

I had one crawl across my face when I was asleep - It woke me up, I grabbed it and sort of crushed it, and it hobbled away - and last year i was sat in front of my pc (and was topless - all innocent, i was just hot) and one appeared from nowhere and ran over my stomach.

That does look rather large...i wonder if somebody has had the pipecleaners and paint out? If it is real i'd call the army in :LOL:

Now i would be seriously impressed if they found these -

3.jpg

bloody hell that's an absolute monster.

If you did the pint-glass and cardboard trick to capture it, then I want to come round your house for a pint... :LOL:

big spider found in a house in manchester

That's no spider, that's a manc monobrow escaping

If it is real and actually in Manchester it most likely was a former pet that escaped. A friend of mine had a huntsman spider as a pet, left the lid of its glass cage off once, came back and the spider was gone...couldn't find it anywhere and never did. Anyway, huntsmen are know to enter human homes when it is about to rain to seek shelter, so if it was anywhere in the UK, you can bet it will be inside a house 24/7.

If it wasn't a former pet then it clearly go off a ship during a heat wave, fooling the spider into thinking that GB was a prefect place to live, he was in for a nasty surprise a week later when the temp. dropped 10C and the grey clouds and rain came, forcing the spider to find comfort in a family home in manchester. Depression soon set in after spending long enough eating only tiny spiders and not being able to travel outside due to the rain. Things soon got worse when he was out looking for food one day, just minding his own business when he heard a loud scream and a frantic panic of 4 humans that followed. At first he could not understand what caused these humans such distress as he scanned the room looking for the cause. "What can it be causing all this fear? I must find it an kill it, these people have been so nice to me all this time allowing me to stay here for free" He finally hit rock bottom when the fire brigade where called, the object causing the stress was in fact, Mr.Spider. He was rejected by his adopted family, the fire brigade and he just missed his family and friends back in Australia, he began wishing he never got on that boat. His mother warned him of places like the UK, "but how was I too know? It seemed so nice and sunny here when I got off, even the my pal Brown Back got off here, wonder what happened to him, hopefully he is doing better off that I am". On his was to Manchester Zoo's arachnid house Mr.Spider was listening to the Rolling Stones' 'Slave' and the song alone made him feel much better and less anxious about fitting in and making friends at the arachnid house, "maybe Brown Back is at the house as well, here hoping" Mr.Spider thought to himself. You can understand his anger when the driver switched on BBC news at 6, sadly his anger quickly turned back to depression as the new reader reported today's headlines "A brown back spider has today been killed after a fierce battle with 3 firemen and a police officer, 2 firemen and an innocent civilian have been hospitalized but are currently stable after receiving anti-venom".

Mr. Spider was announced dead on arrival at the arachnid house, cause of death was severe depression and a broken heart.

That's so sad, could you re write the ending to mention how he found his way back to a boat and after months at sea he found land and made friends with mr Parker the tiger from the life of pi?

I remember going to an outside loo in Asia and just about to do my thing when I caught the site of a massive spider on the wall.

I propelled myself full tilt out into the garden where I landed face down, thanks to my troos being round my ankles.

The dozen people I was there with stood around me giggling. Turned out it was a harmless variety. They carry rabies though, so my behaviour was not so irrational.

tintin40":jmzqlxjt said:
xerxes":jmzqlxjt said:
I found a massive spider in my shower the other day, I wouldn't have minded, but I think he used the last of the shampoo.

:LOL: :LOL: I woke up and found one hanging from a web thread above my head :LOL:

I read once that people eat 7 spiders a year from them hanging down while we sleep and fall in to the sleepers mouth :LOL:

This is false, it was on a radio mythbuster prog i heard. 'Spiders are very sensitive to carbon dioxide, our breathing out is enough to make them turn away way before reaching your face.' as for other creepy crawlies who knows.

Back