Porsche Bike R

dancingjack

rBotM Winner
Hi guys, back again with a new toy which I collected yesterday. It's a Porsche Bike R which I can't seem to find much information on. If there's anyone who knows the history please shed some light. I do know the only parts which aren't original are the seat post and bar tape color. It belonged to a private collector who had stored this bike for more than 15 years untouched, not ridden at all. It's practically an NOS bike.

Enjoy the shots!

JGH_6202.jpg

JGH_6187.jpg

JGH_6180.jpg

JGH_6178.jpg

JGH_6161.jpg

Great pictures, like the forks, like the colour combo and kit on it.... don't like the welds.... nice find though..... but ultimately that rig is fugly! sorry amigo.....

I do like porshe cars and some of their watches though....

It'll be a little younger than 15 years as it was designed by Storck in 2000 and was for sale in showrooms. Won design awards too. Lovely matt coating on the oversized tubing. The (replaceable) derailleur hanger I think was the same as a Kona IIRC
Came with DA 9 speed/CXPs/yellow flite titanium and bar tape with matt silver twin bolt seatpost (31.8mm of no demonination.)
Fork has a 1" steerer, headset is a Cane Creek.
As shown here it was about 8.5 kg so lighter than the newer CF variant they've recently come out with

I bought mine as F&F added Bottechia CF flat bar, rapid fire road shifters and a DA triple for a fast/poncy get around. I also used blue Ambrosio excellence rims with it for the full garish look...lol
Actually nice and stiff in the BB area so you could get the power down, I sold mine on as it was a tad too small for me
:(
2720406421_557356d4a7_b.jpg

Lovely example you've got there, and obviously in pristine condition.

Votec built the MTB's ('Bike S and Bike FS) didn't they? I thought maybe they did the aluminium Bike R of the same era too.

Photos of the carbon ones (2003-2005-ish) I've seen online have a 'Storck Bicycle' head badge but I've seen (almost?) identical frames that have come out of Taiwan sold under the EPX 303 and Scattante CFR names. Who knows what went on there? (I actually own an EPX 303 and it's quite nice to ride BTW.)

I'd be interested to hear if anyone has information on Porsche Design Group/Design by FA Porsche's input into Porche badged bikes, or if they left it to Storck or Votec who have much more experience with bikes as indeed there's not much info on the net.

Back