Bike Jumbles

I needed some cash last year and sold some prized bits and bobs at the Glendene cycle jumble. I made good money but those traders made the experience a bit scary for my daughter who got quite worried when they crowded around. I had to be a bit firm with them and told them to wait. Not nice people some of them...

I'm definately not getting anything out of my car till the public arrive.
I may walk round looking at other people's stalls instead :D

I did one in Nottingham a couple of years ago. The dealers bought stacks of my stuff but at prices I set. Made good money with a load of stuff that I couldnt sell on Retrobike! And bought a nice Gore top for £4.

Sorry to say this Ian but as a 'trader' at jumbles I anticipate the early rush from 'certain people' and have items already prepared for them which I know they will have. I ask the price I want and they either pay it or not. The old adage of early birds and worms applies as it it does at car boot sales, nothing stopping anyone from getting there early and rooting around beforehand in the car park.

And all the transactions are done in a peaceful and polite manner, I've never been harrassed or 'bullied'. If I was I would just tell the person to 'eff off!

Made a fair bit on sunday at the velodrome...
and even better - bought nothing! (apart from a sausage bap and a coffee)
result :D

Anyone go to the last jumble in swinderby? Any good? I'm thinking of going to the next one (as a seller)

Back