Another what colour saddle & tape question (Menet?)

Some Guy":2oog0ti3 said:
:LOL: :oops:
Must seem like a right indecisive twit! Just wanna get it right..

:LOL: join the club!

Too many people try to match (but end up clashing with) the colour(s) a gorgeous looking frame... when in reality they should IMHO try to highlight / contrast it.

Black / black would be my choice!

Ok this build has taken a fair bit of time so far, collecting 8 speed Dura Ace parts, and I think I just got used to seeing the white saddle on it. Although I had it in the kitchen over night with the black Rolls fitted, and by this morning it kinda looked ok. An I think in truth trying to keep the currently spotless white saddle clean would've driven me insane!

So before I got a chance to change my mind again ;) I whipped it down the LBS to get it cabled up in some grey Dura Ace cables and get some black tape fitted. It's a job I could've done myself, but this way it's finally done and I get to take it for a sp
in on the weekend in the (fingers crossed) forecasted sunshine.

I will have another look at the handlebar tapes next time I'm in there, but I think you'll be seeing the White Rolls in the classifieds shortly.

Cheers for the replies guys.

I reckon the black/black combo will be best for all the reasons outlined above. I had two white frames which BITD had white/white and looking back at old 'photos they were too white.

One of them now has black saddle and blue tape but the blue tape will change to black when it wears out.

Mark.

Latest posts

Back