Grisley Mega 10 Upgrade....... ???

Grisley Paul

Dirt Disciple
Evening each,

Just joined the forum so hello to all.....

I was after a bit of advice about upgrading my pretty ancient but much loved machine.

I have a 16 year old Grisley Mega 10 that I got for my 12th birthday and seemed to cost the earth back then and I've had it ever since, been in and out of riding for years and have just come back into it after many years away....

Basically, I know what I'm like with hobbies and instead of going out and spending lots of cash on a much newer machine I would actually quite like to upgrade the old faithful to start with....

I'm just looking to use it for moderate off road stuff nothing heavy etc, my main area to upgrade is the forks.... I did upgrade the standard rigid items years back for a cheapy set of RST jobs but they are quite frankly rubbish....

Can anyone point me in the right direction of what to look for these days as last time I was reading the bike press the Rock Show Judy XC was the daddy however I suspect my knowledge is WELL outdated now :LOL:

Also being an old machine we're still talking cantilevers here not even V brakes so can you still get decent forks for cantilevers ? I am prepared to consider a disc upgrade also along with the forks but as long as it's not silly money or else I suspect I am actually better buying a newer machine....

Basically I'm just after a decent set of fork that actually work and can work with cantilevers....

Many thanks for listening

Cheers
Paul :D

Back