The one and only "HOW MUCH IS MY xyz WORTH" thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
nathb":119e3zht said:
Anyone have any idea on how much these are worth:
Wheel set: Rear Hope Ti glide hub (Purple), matched with Hope C2 Number 2 brake and Mavic 121 Rim. Front Hope hub with Mavic 121 rim. (see Pic 2)

WP_000018.jpg

WP_000029.jpg

Thanks

If they were matched then about £150

As the front is newer then maybe £65 for the rear and £35-40 for the front...

I'd be interested in the brake....

I have the following in EXAGE Trail spec; Chainset (Biopace), Front & Rear Derailleur, Thumbshifters and Cantilevers & Brake Levers. They're all in 8/10 condition with the exception of the thumbshifters which are showing wear to the stickers on top of the barrel.
Does anyone have any idea of value?

'88 Raleigh Mirage

I've got a 1988 Raleigh Mirage gathering dust/rust in my shed taking up space I can't spare! Is it worth anything or is it just good for scrap?

Mostly original components and in OK condition for its age.

Re: '88 Raleigh Mirage

swannymere":r875gy66 said:
I have the following in EXAGE Trail spec; Chainset (Biopace), Front & Rear Derailleur, Thumbshifters and Cantilevers & Brake Levers. They're all in 8/10 condition with the exception of the thumbshifters which are showing wear to the stickers on top of the barrel.
Only the chainset/rings have some value ~£15. Might get £15 for the rest on eBay.

Drofluf":r875gy66 said:
I've got a 1988 Raleigh Mirage gathering dust/rust in my shed taking up space I can't spare! Is it worth anything or is it just good for scrap? Mostly original components and in OK condition for its age.
Would probably make ~£30 on eBay depending on where you live.

Re: '88 Raleigh Mirage

lrh":35q8qc7p said:
swannymere":35q8qc7p said:
Only the chainset/rings have some value ~£15. Might get £15 for the rest on eBay.

Cheers, just what i thought, i'll pass the info along.

Dave F":3pu1mzvb said:
Hi guys, I'm looking to purchase a new full suspension bike after being told my trusty steed needs a new rear wheel.
The old beast is a 99 Marin B17 pretty much standard apart from a hope brake upgrade. It has not had a huge amount of use over the years but does have a few marks and scratches (mainly from being in storage for a few years). The guy at my local bike shop commented on how the swingarm and headset etc are all in good shape with no play and the only real problem I have had is a creak from the crank area which was not cured by the new bb that was installed Sad.
So what do you guys think its worth?
Cheers Dave

I sold my good nick B17 which had a lot of upgrades from standard spec (all XT gear, Red Tomac HS33 Magura brakes etc) for £190. That's about the going price.

bluedazzler":10piigwz said:
I have some NOS wheels, built using:

early edition, nuke proof hubs
front 32h
rear 32h / 7 speed Shimano

Mavic 217 SUP silver rims

DT Comp db spokes and Titan titanium nipples.

they're incredibly light, handbuilt to perfection and completely brand new

how much are they worth???

oke, i give it a shot....£ 200,- maybe £ 250,-

How much for a 19" Wilderness Trail Bikes titanium frame. Not exactly sure of the date, but probably from the late 90s.

tigern":2o0mfton said:
bluedazzler":2o0mfton said:
I have some NOS wheels, built using:

early edition, nuke proof hubs
front 32h
rear 32h / 7 speed Shimano

Mavic 217 SUP silver rims

DT Comp db spokes and Titan titanium nipples.

they're incredibly light, handbuilt to perfection and completely brand new

how much are they worth???

oke, i give it a shot....£ 200,- maybe £ 250,-

Front only went for £28 hub only.

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewto ... nuke+proof

Front (poor) and rear for sale here (hubs only) 109 Euros.

And front and rear £125 hubs only here;

As new as complete wheels, you have to be looking at £220-250 I guess, but as they are so high end, might have to wait for a buyer, but they are certainly worth the lower of that I would say.

Hope that helps.

Had these sat on a shelf in my garage for years, I bought them new back in 96 (supprise) and used them in my racing days back in the NAMBS series.

They are in not to bad nick all things considered, the box even still has the original price sticker on it of £529.99 Shocked

No idea what they are worth but would look the nuts on a period LTS DH or similar.

Advice on price appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back