Kona's page

That is one very nice Lava Dome restoration that you have there...very impressive. A job well done!!!

DSC_1438.jpg

A simple affair. Would like to find a 21" Kona frame but they seem to be gold dust. Anybody have one? 92-96ish?

Charlie

sausagefingers":3olk82of said:
put the new splashbacks on and went for a quick blast.
little dexter came along as well :D

IMAG0172.jpg

Lovely looking bike, definitely better with those tyres

Kilauea gone Humu?

Kilauea gone humu?
my trusted commuter, now with ss kit and comfy bars...use it daily, going on 5 years now.
rust is breaking out, has to be re-painted..(frame only, forks not to bad)
im thinking black powder, and blue 96 Kona decals..(or the gray 95`)...any thoughts?

Attachments

• Kona kil 12-07-10 (10).JPG
    Kona kil 12-07-10 (10).JPG
    163 KB · Views: 1,726
My two past kona's, a splatter cindercone and a 91 fire mountain now moved through for space ......

but now I do have another cindercone due back from the paintshop soon aswell :roll: , pics when she's done ;)

DSCF4912.jpg

Re: Kilauea gone Humu?

fritzlite":2flwec5j said:
rust is breaking out, has to be re-painted..(frame only, forks not to bad)
im thinking black powder, and blue 96 Kona decals..(or the gray 95`)...any thoughts?
You'd be crazy to repaint that - the 95 pearlescent white is *the* classic Kilauea paint job and much imitated (invariably not very well - white is a poor substitute). Why not just stop the rust patches with Kurust and touch in with Humbrol? I obtained a very close match with white with a small amount of yellow added.

Long gone but not forgotten. My first Kona, a 1991 Cinder Cone - no decals, narrow ratio cassette, USE post and 1.5 Hardpack tyres. Loved that bike!

Sorry for the crappy photo.

276daaa9.jpg

My Konas

Here are a couple of my Konas...my 1994 Lava Dome Single Speed and my 1994 Kona Hei Hei Titanium Bike upgraded on a very tight budget.

Attachments

• MY KONAS.jpg
    MY KONAS.jpg
    241.9 KB · Views: 1,648

Latest posts

Back