Identifying a frame help?

Cycling Daddy

Retro Newbie
My dear Son just purchased an old bike. The BB is Davis Components 60 62 but wondered if they supplied a lot of bikes? Rumour has it that it might be a BSA but the seat stay tops do not look like BSA I have managed to look at which wrapped around? It has a Heuret 5 speed, Middlemore Leather Saddle. I have found a serial number on the nearside drop out A204886. looking carefully it has a 26 inch wheel on the front and a 27 inch on the rear. Front brake is a Weinmann (made in Switzerland) and the rear break is a Universal 61 apparently used in Tour De France by some riders in early 60's. Freewheel (I think ring is in casette?) is 5 speed Regina extra
Anyone any ideas?
Some photos here http://tiny.cc/1ztwgw

Bit of a guess, the frame looks like a Hercules from the 1950's, possibly bent at the head lugs. Cheap standard bike.

Thanks I did wonder then thought the frame number starting with A did not quite fit and the Universal brake is clearly post 61 but could have been a retro fit. Might try removing layers of paint gently to see if any decals remain.
Curious about head lug it looks straight to me but no expert bike ran along smoothly enough. But it had not been taken round bends fast or anything and is now partially dismembered.
The idea is to give my dear son the experience of de constructing a bike and thereby learn how bit work. He might end up with a fixed wheel if he is lucky or a scrap heap if not.
L

Back