Sunn Xircuit Plus 998 fork length?

jsbean

Dirt Disciple
Hello all,

I'm trying to restore a 1998 Sunn Xircuit Plus (the polished and blue one) back to something resembling its former glory.

And I have a question:

What was the original fork length of this bike?

Mine has a pair of silver grey Bomber Z3 Lights on that I am 99% certain are not original. The Bombers are 44cm from the top of the crown to the axle and I have never been convinced that was right.

I would have thought 42 cm was more likely. Am I right?

Thanks for the info.

I'll post a pic up in the readers' bikes section once I get round to taking a photo of it.

I knew that it was originally a fairly good bike, but I'm afraid to say that various components have been 'downgraded' over the years from the original spec. I'll also weigh it tomorrow to see how far from the original 10.8 kgs it is now.

I don't have the budget to go out and make it as nice as I would like, but there are a few things that need doing to it.

Currently the drop from saddle to handlebars is far too great and very uncomfortable, so I'm looking at getting some new forks (with an uncut steerer tube) to get the handlebars up to where I need them to be. Unless anyone can recommend a handlebar with a 4" rise?

They're not fully legit, but I'm considering a pair of On-One Cro-Mo rigid forks - unless someone has some Obsys or Pace RC31s they want to give away?

It will look like this with On-One forks on it. It certainly saves a lot of weight. This is a Total but is the same frame as the Xircuit but with a soft tail rear triangle. It should be 12Kg and with all the components upgraded to XT and the On-One forks it is coming in at 11.3Kg.

7286978656_38a1f0c80f_c.jpg

Back