Now Lee has finished his... CROSS DRESSING PICS ADDED

Glad you like it - I certainly do.

The current fork is 440mm. I have a 460mm White Bros carbon fork but that seemed a bit tall. I've ordered an external headset cup which will give me an extra 10mm so I'll see how that pans out with the Vicious fork. To be honest, it's feeling pretty good already.

Brakes on the cross bike are TRP CX 8.4 - mini v-brakes designed for use with Campag levers. They are excellent. The bike's also Shimergo-ed. Ten speed Campag levers work well with nine speed Shimano mech and cassette.

The Darkside is going to get raced this weekend. Russ is running his Six Hours of Hurt enduro down on the Isle of Wight. I'll let you know how it goes.

I've been playing around with both bikes.

The Darkside now has a longer fork, external bottom headset cup and a lot more playfulness. It's a real flyer.

I realise that the Skeletor belongs in the road section but I reckon Spooky has got more of an offroad thing going so it really should be here. I've not gone crazy on the Skeletor build beyond the Fulcrum Zero wheels, Tune cranks and Thomson Masterpiece seatpost, but it's nippy. It looks pretty but it's got the characteristics of bar room brawler.

Attachments

• 2spooky 001.JPG
    2spooky 001.JPG
    194.2 KB · Views: 760
  • 2spooky 002.JPG
    2spooky 002.JPG
    204.8 KB · Views: 760
What with all the rain recently I wondered what would happen to the 650B-er if I stuck my cross wheels on it. The result looks a bit strange but it is very fast.

This bike keeps wowing me. It's had 26", 650b and now 700c wheels in it and all work beautifully.

R

Attachments

• spooky_crosser 001.JPG
    spooky_crosser 001.JPG
    195.1 KB · Views: 630
Does that thing still say "Cary ******* Fridrich" on the downtube?
If it does you have to post a picture so that Cary can be jealous of how awesome that bike looks!

I just got two 650b hardtail orders from the UK this week.

Something makes me think that your bike might be part of that!

Yes, it's got Cary ******* Fridrich written on the downtube. Realistically, I'll never get round to painting or polishing this frame so it'll stay there. Out of interest, who is he?

I need to get some new cross tyres as these Hutchinson Bulldogs are now bald. I love the hilarious sketchy feel they have but I'm not sure they're a long term option.

Glad to contribute to Spooky/FTW world domination. Keep making nice things and they will come...

Rich

Back