Scott high octane frame help.

Isnt it 180-240mm travel then?

In which case a larger shock would probably fit and give you all the different travels in the different mounts because a shock that gives you the smallest amount of travel wont do the biggest?

Does that make sense?

Edit: so maybe thats the 190mm travel setting?

Yeah kinda makes sence but im a bit tired! So what do I do then? I dont want to buy a shock and find it wont work.

Find someone else who has one i guess. Im pretty sure its a 222 but not sure on stroke. 70mm is most common size though.

Have a good old google.

haha cheers magsy! Josh by the looks of it all modeles have the ajustable head angle?? If I'm wrong someone corect me. It looks like I may be running a 190mm i2i shock so whats that in travel about 5.5 inches? I wanna run a pair of shivers up front will it be ok?

I thought it was just a replacable head tube but i gues they could machine them differently for different head angles as you say.

Yeah about right on a 190mm shock.
I think you will need a bigger shock to match the shivers. If you have a 190 to hand maybe try it though. I reckon you will know soon enough as i guess it will bottom easily?

yeah I see what you're saying. I really want to run triple clamp forks on her but that might not happen? I dont have a 190 shock I'm afraid I might put a wanted ad up.

Can't help on the shock, but I'd be amazed if it ran a 190mm shock, my 2001 octane FX1 ran a 190!

The head angle is adjustable. Just undo it and turn it 180 degrees for +\-1 degree off the top of my head.

Back