Single speed spacers for rear hub?

Max P

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Does anyone have a source of pimpy spacers to fine tune the chain line on a single speed? Standard cassette hub type in 2-3 mm or so? Not interested in the standard kit of 2 or 3 wide spacers and cogs - I just want individual spacers like those inbetween the cogs on a Shimano block but perhaps anodized etc??

[ granny sucking eggs? ] Take the spacers from dead cassettes. You can get loads from the bin of any bike shop ( with choccy Hobnob bribes ). If the cassettes are riveted together just file them off and they fall apart. For pimpyness you could mix 'n match colours-silver 9 speeds, grey 8 speed and black 7 speed spacers. [ / granny sucking eggs? ]

:LOL:

Thanks for the 'granny sucking eggs' graciousness! Yes, I did the last one with old spacers - just that I have seen a few nice anodized ones on US sites but searches thrown up nothing over here.

+ I have zero helpful LBS's anywhere near me anymore... Anyone got some old worn out blocks they fancy pulling apart?!

;)

Cheat: nothing will be in direct, grinding contact with the spacers so there's nothing to scratch against them. Use silver alloy 9 speed spacers and coat them with your girlfriend's/mother's/granny's nailpolish colour of choice.....fake anodizing!

Back