Harry Quinn - and an American cousin

Browsing the road section unearthed this

there was an E-stay too!:

04AllTerrain.jpg

After losing my way a bit with RB, a few choice purchases, some polish and a good rethink and here I am - back looking at the Harry and realizing how smart it is.

For this season, Harry is wearing 'Wolber' by Wolber.

Attachments

• Harry's Noo Shooze.jpg
    Harry's Noo Shooze.jpg
    159.8 KB · Views: 833
Very, very nice, exactly the right thing to do with your NOS-ness

Harry is looking mighty dashing

I think he might benefit from a couple of bar bungs just to top off his ensemble and where are his pedals??? :D

Re: Harry Quinn - Harry gets a clean and new shooz

Greetings from the Land of the Plastic Spork! This is my first posting to this fine forum. I realize I'm a little tardy to this particular party, but the model of Harry Quinn Mountain Bike shown in this old thread is the very closest I have been able to find online resembling one I just acquired yesterday for the princely sum of $5 Americano (i.e., That would be not quite 4 quid in "real money"):

QuinnRight_zps7uopxaf8.jpg

I'm mostly just wondering if someone could tell me a bit more about it, such as when and where it was actually made (I am led to understand that apart from Liverpool, some were made in Wales and even under license in Japan). Any "guesstimates" as to its actual value would also be welcome. Now that I've pulled off most of the cobwebs, pumped a bit of air into the tires (that may be "tyres" to you), and given her a bit of a cursory wipedown with a few shots of silicon spray here and there, I have come to suspect that the five bucks I just paid for "an old beach clunker" in a seaside thrift shop might have been a bit of larceny on my part. No, this certainly isn't just some rusty old wobbly-wheeled Huffy to be left behind chained up in the open air under the beach house we're renting for next year.

I've looked over that Harry Quinn Bicycle Serial Number Registry previously mentioned in this thread, but as near as I can tell, there's not much to help me there. It seems the serial number on mine (if that is indeed what is stamped into the underside of the frame's crankwheel casing) begins with an "OS"--though most of the rest is obscured by a cable guide, as can be somewhat discerned beginning to the right (and upside-down) here:

QuinnSerialNumberPartial_zpsh0bfts0b.jpg

And, just to round out the tour, here's a shot of the Shimano Exage 300LX rear derailleur, 7-gear freewheel cluster and Mavic rim:

QuinnDerailleur_zpsvmzu4an8.jpg

...a peek at the controls:

QuinnHandlebarDownward_zpsztssjrmz.jpg

...and the price still on its seat:

QuinnFiveBucks_zpsib8marjr.jpg

It looks like her old cracked rubber is holding air well enough, and she rides, shifts and brakes rather well. Even the wheels are reasonably true. My hunch is she'd just been sitting in some garage or beachhouse shed for at least the past decade or so....maybe longer...before I got her. So, now I'm just sort of curious: Is this a real Harry Quinn, or perhaps just some licensed asian knockoff or whatever. That would still be good enough for the likes of me, but any info would be gratefully received....a period brochure or other marketing or service literature would be heaven.

Re: Harry Quinn - Harry gets a clean and new shooz

Helloooo!

Good $5 worth!

Ignoring the parts and just looking at the frame, there are signs of a quality build - the biggest giveaway being the investment cast seat lug. Beyond that, everything else seems fairly conventional until we get to the fork!

The rake and head tube angle look 'interesting' and is not something I've seen, hopefully somebody eles has?

That is such a beautiful :cool: fork. In fact, i would even humbly offer the opinion that it has to be the best ive ever seen. The proportions of the taper look sublime.

Attachments

• Harry's Noo Shooze (Small).jpg
    Harry's Noo Shooze (Small).jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 460

Latest posts

Back