Does an integrated helmet exist?

TheGreenRabbit":3atr1eve said:
If you cut a helmet you will affect its structural ability to protect your head.

I was thinking that.

Drivers are allowed music in their cars at various volumes so i guess the actual listening to music shouldnt be a problem.

Dont some boardman helmets come with mesh inside?

I guess if not it would just be a case of gluing one in.

I get an itchy head soemtimes under my helmet, not much you can do. Mine isnt caused by bugs.

The danger is also blocking your ears with headphones, compared to cars where it's ambient noise and the outside world can still intrude (unless it's a nasty purple Corsa with 300W sound system). Driving with headphones on is similarly stupid.

Personally I like to be able to hear good and early if a car is approaching from behind.

I believe they used to make one in the 60s..... :LOL:

article-0-0047BE7000000258-535_224x323.jpg

modifying a helmet will invalidate it warranty plus may make it weaker.

could you not cover the helmet with a fine mesh so that air can still get through but not the bugs?

In the depths of time, well the early 90s, my dad had a Trek helmet that had a fine rigid meash in the vents. It wasn't removeable though.

I had to ride my fixed gear the other week and so, for the first time in absolutely ages I rode wearing a helmet on the road. I had three 'insect strikes' within the first two miles or so. They went into the vent and I could feel them kicking against my head, (no hair!).

Luckily they were just Hawthorn flies but I had to stop each time. What if they had been wasps/hornets and I had been going down hill and been stung? Especially on a fixed I imagine a crash would have been the likely result. I was glad to get the geared bike back and not wear the thing. A mesh might go some way in making me think of wearing a hat more often.

Back