1993/4 BIGFOOT Smokestone - More Blue Anno Added...

Glad you got it without any trouble.

The guy who owns the shop is Graham Foot; he's been helping TC with his rebuild.

Looking forward to the build, but PURPLE? Really? What's wrong with red, or gold, or green, or any other colour?

Ah well, each to their own.

nevadasmith":2j4myw9y said:
mass199":2j4myw9y said:
Adrian.

Did you know the man behind the Bigfoot has a shop on the Gloucester business park?

It's Called Slam69

No way! - that's about 0.5miles from my house! I bought some inner tubes from there the other day (really nice shop but I felt a bit old around all the jump/freeride type bikes!)

Maybe I'll take this there to get the headset to get fitted :D

I thought you might be suprised!!

Graham Foot, used to run Bigfoot Mountainbikes in South Gate street Bitd.
I think they will love to see it!!

Excellent glad it all went well and good to see another bigfoot I will be watching this build too :cool:
I have just bought a new titanium 200mm steerer from germany for £20 if it actually arrives I will send you the link :?
good luck with her mate ;)

mrlee":rghpt7ex said:
Excellent glad it all went well and good to see another bigfoot I will be watching this build too :cool:
I have just bought a new titanium 200mm steerer from germany for £20 if it actually arrives I will send you the link :?
good luck with her mate ;)

Thanks for that - GT_Steve pointed me at that supplier so I bough one too - hopefully it won't take long to turn up :D

While I'm waiting I've been checking out what other stuff I am short of.

First panic was the canti bosses - but I had a pair of Manitou 3 lowers that had the studs in an they screwed in fine.

SJS have come through with a 1 1/4" CT stem and a USE seat post shim that turned up today (what a great shop that is).

Can anyone advise on a seat clamp?

It is 34.9 I think - I have seen some very simple HOPE ones on eBay for less than a tenner that I am pretty keen on but has anyone got any period suggestions?

:D

Bit of an update, got the headset cups fitted (hanks to Antstark for sorting me out with a Mavic 317 :D), the new PACE steerer turned up from Germany - absolute bargain (Titanium), beautifully made and here within 1 week - go to be happy with that :D

Took it into Slam69 to get the headset cups fitted at the weekend, Graham and his wife had a good look at it :cool: he said it was a 93/94.

Note sure on the blue/purple... :?

Attachments

• DSCN0765.jpg
    DSCN0765.jpg
    126.8 KB · Views: 687
  • DSCN0766.jpg
    DSCN0766.jpg
    133 KB · Views: 687
nevadasmith":2k4lf7lp said:
Not sure on the blue/purple... :?

I know that blue / purple go but I love the straight blue one here,

pbpic3474207.jpg

Your frame looks in tip top condition!

the_duke":vjcf2khc said:
nevadasmith":vjcf2khc said:
Not sure on the blue/purple... :?

I know that blue / purple go but I love the straight blue one here,

Your frame looks in tip top condition!

It feels a little 'busy' with the two colours - a bit like crossing the streams!

I was originally thinking of getting a purple sticker set and re-annodisng the drop outs but the frame is mint and it seems a shame....

Going to stick with it for now and keep an eye out for blue USE stuff - or I have black Controltech bars and post that I could use.

This is the most frustrating aspect of 'Retro biking' to me. The fact that UK components like, bars and bar ends, seat posts, stems, etc that used to be readily available from my LBS now only exist on ebay or in classified ads.

I know it is part of the 'fun' but up to £40 for a pair of tatty x-lite handlebars? Are you kidding me?

I am sure that the Bigfoot will be a stunner, whatever colour the components are.

Watching both threads with envy.

mrlee

I have just bought a new titanium 200mm steerer from germany for £20 if it actually arrives I will send you the link

please update with results maybe interested

thx

Back