Pace RC200 F8

Cheers :D

The 19" frames do look big though don't they!

I've just found some red On-one Mary bars in the shed. Hmmmm, might try them, but it may tip the red balance into OTT mode.

Just need some dry weather now to try it out. I don't want it's first ride to be a grindfest!

The front end does like high doesn't it, unless its just the angle of dangle in the pics. I've got ProClass 2's on my RC200 but they don't look that high.

The Ottery St Mary Tumbling Weir.
Circular weir that powered an old silk/cotton mill - the millstream is very full right now!

I wondered that too! Thought it was a secret world.

Im not sure on the forks either as in i think the travel/front end is ok but the head angle looks quite slack? But that looks like the geo of how its meant to be?

What travel or a-c fork do they recommend?

Are you going to get gold caps for the mini's?

F8s came out in about 1999-2000. Pace had the RC38 at 63mm, and the RC36 Evo at 70/90mm out at the time, so I'm guessing the frame will be optimised between those sizes.
The forks I have on are 100mm, but can drop to 80mm so I'm going to give that a go.

I would put gold reservoir caps on, but they don't seem to be on sale anywhere! I can only find caps for the newer tech levers.

I have some black/gold mono minis coming soon, with the same levers on.

Thanks to Mr. Burgundy I've got some lovely black and gold Mini Monos to go on now, and I also just won a set of red/silver Nokon cables on ebay.

Will update soon as it's all fitted ;)

Took the red beast out for a ride around Haldon this afternoon.
Lovely weather for it, and my does it bomb along :twisted: Wasn't even trying that hard and got a couple of Strava KOMs ;)

Changes since the last photos:
- Mavic Crossland wheels - the Middleburn hubs need new bearings.
- Hope Mono Minis.
- Red & silver Nokon gear outers.
- Flat exotic bars and red end stops.
- Proper '97 Flite.
- Manitou Minute 100mm forks - a bit of Modernish (2004, but NOS) bounce for the front.
- Middleburn RS2 cranks, Blackspire 34t ring and red Token bolts.

As much as I love Pace forks, the Manitous are far plusher, have a more controlled rebound, and are a lot stiffer. At least the backwards facing brace is in keeping with the Pace ethos :LOL:

Hmm i missed this!
Superbe. Never been a fan but you have done really, really well with it.

Anymore?

Back