1996 Mystery GT RTS

mikee":gwya1qc4 said:
i'm pretty sure the first version of the ali backend had NO extra
pivot
also the first rts 1 had a steel backend

That just doesn't make sense, aluminium would fatigue in no time whereas he steel could go on indefinitely.

ANybody know the difference in ride / weight of the steel/aluminium back end, I've ridden mine too much and the seat stay (not the bearing, the actual seat stay) is worn where the rear pivot is.

dont know if the numbers but theres not a lot in it weight wise between the backends ,cant say i notice any real differances in the ride either
the extra pivot should be a bit plusher
i have mine set up a bit on the hard side anyway ,feel more like a softail
than a 3" full susser ,you dont notice the suspension working ,but you dont notice bumps either
the rts-1 i have was running 80mm forks and felt brilliant down
techy rocky trails

Re:

Hi guys, today I bought my first RTS, can you help me to identify year and size please ?

24857540238_b41837e823_c.jpg

24857539798_fca49f1107_c.jpg

Is it a valuable model ?

Thanks !

the "horstlink" pivot was meant to make the suspension travel smoother in stroke, no idea if it did..
Get a betd pivot kit for it either way to stop it chewing out and giving that under load clunk......

nice bike
!!!

@mofofo Nice score! The bottlecage-bosses seem to miss, but the canti cable lever seems to be there. So that's good.

@patersondj Can you tell me more about that kit? betd doesn't list it on their page. Pics?

Re: drop out pivot

The betd pivot kits for the lts/sts should slide right in... expensive yes ,but awesome.. I have had to shim mine out after 20 years of abuse in my 97 lts 1.. but that’s another topic!!

Back