New member to the Zaskar family!

Update for 1993 Zaskar

Its been a few months now of Zaskar ownership... Loads of polishing, some shifter tuning, Cool Stop brake pads, Oury Grips, Controltech Stem, more polishing and now.... It's ready to race!

With the "shakedown" run last weekend a success, the bike's tuned and ready to go! :D

http://www.keyesvilleclassic.com/
Vintage Category

Cannot wait!!!

Benster

Attachments

• 93 Zaskar.jpg
    93 Zaskar.jpg
    160 KB · Views: 681
BensterSD":288i3tg2 said:
merckx":288i3tg2 said:
niceone! what bars are you running there?

Ahhh, sharp eye amigo..

Titec Flat Tracker - Somewhat :roll: vintage and much wider.

Benster

wide is good.

i ran mine like that for a while, the handling is definately better!

Some latest pictures of the 93 Zaskar. Have to admit I have a huge soft spot for this bike now. 100% reliable at the Keyesville Classic. Fast, fun, light @ 25lbs., and COOL!!

Attachments

• Zaskar 4-22-12.jpg
    Zaskar 4-22-12.jpg
    184.5 KB · Views: 551
always nice to see one getting ridden and enjoyed lots. i have ridden the trails on mine for the last 6 days straight every morning...same, just really enjoy riding it.

GT really got it right when they built the zaskar. its not an easy bike to ride, but spend enough time on one, and they just start to click. i dont know exactly where the magic lies :LOL:

they are very stiff and direct. once you get used to being shaken around a bit, they certainly reward you with holding a sharp line on the trail. they dont flex or faff about. its kind of like, ok, lets hit this line hard, and rail it!

Interesting to see that the seat height has com down a little since your early posts. I'm also 6'1" and my frame is 18". It took a few months of ownership to get it just right, but it's been the same way ever since, which is going on 18 years now.

My riding experience has been the same as others, the Zaskar just seems to click, and even after a break of a few years, I am back riding, and it just eats up the modern style twisty trails.

NeilM":2r69qkz7 said:
Interesting to see that the seat height has com down a little since your early posts. I'm also 6'1" and my frame is 18". It took a few months of ownership to get it just right, but it's been the same way ever since, which is going on 18 years now.

My riding experience has been the same as others, the Zaskar just seems to click, and even after a break of a few years, I am back riding, and it just eats up the modern style twisty trails.

Ya, I have played with the seat height a few different times. Seems to be in a good spot for now! Surprisingly, I have even found the Flite to be a comfortable seat.

Benster

Love this bike and currently in my own rebuild too. Interesting what you say about handling and feel of the bike, I haven't had mine out on the tracks yet but can't wait. Would you recommend the wider handlebar?

^
I have two Zaskars, one with a 23" bar and one with a 28" bar. The wider bar feels a lot better. I have a lot more control, especially on a bumpy trail. Both bikes are rigid and the narrow bars can get scary when you aren't watching your speed.

Latest posts

Back