Thetford aftermath thread

My first Retrobike meet, and one to remember, it had all the ingredients for a great day;

Great People :)

Great Bikes :)

Great Weather :cool:

Great Trails through the huge vast Thetford Forest :)

Well done gang, look forward to the next one.

Jussa :)

The best thing about the meeting point was that we had our own car park! Several bemused people driving in and wondering why it was full....

1d38abfd.jpg

Many thanks to the Anglian group for organising a good day out. Great trails all helped by the amazing weather. Cheers to everybody I chatted to and caught up with a few I have met before. What a great selection of bikes on show. Sorry about my squeaky forks - yes I did forget the grease. I was properly worn out by the time I got home. Looking forward to the next meet in May.
:D

Great day out ,thanks to the team who organised this ride
As ever great bunch of guys and a great selection of well loved bikes on show
I think mine was cleaner after the ride than when I started :D
Good mix of pace too at first I was finding it too slow but after lunch and up at the front it was great something for everyone ;)

Great ride, don't think i've done that much single track in 1 day before.

Might make another trip up their in the summer :)

super day out with great weather and trail,s . and a big thank you to all those who helped to organise it. excellent

Another great National ride with great weather :D

Thanks to Chris, Dan & Neil for doing a great job & to John for the pure sugar/ Golden syrup energy boost :LOL:

Also thanks to Steve for the lift.

i just wish i could get rid of the pins & needles in my toes on rides :?
It would make them so much more fun.

Anyway can't wait for Leith Hill :)

Weather was just unreal - a BBQ would have been perfect!!

Completely different for me riding somewhere so flat, a different challenge keeping the speed up...

2 Rocky Mountains looking in vain for a rocky mountain in Thetford:

a8222aa0.jpg

Firstly a BIG THANK YOU to all those concerned who organised this fantastic event. I don't use the word 'perfection' very often, but this Thetford ride was perfect in every sense of the word. It was my first Retroride and I was made very welcome by the more experienced riders and organisers. The trail, pace and length of rides was also spot on, along with the quality of bikes on show in the car park. Simply a great day! :cool:

If 'Carlsberg' did bike rides it would be a Retrobike ride at Thetford on a sunny day! :LOL:

ps 'watch out for those Adders'! :shock: (in joke)

Attachments

• My new build Kona's first ride at Thetford.jpg
    My new build Kona's first ride at Thetford.jpg
    186.6 KB · Views: 1,575
Back