My first Kona with a name i can't pronounce

The kooka cranks have been removed whilst I sort the bike out don't want them getting damaged the 120mm rear is going to slow things down though :( didn't know the rear wheel was to wide oh well it's been removed now now to hunt a 120mm rear wheel

MikeD":164go8b7 said:
I'm pretty sure that the A'Ha had a slightly different frame, at the very least it had cable stops for the gear hub on it and I think the back end was wider -- Shimano 7spd hubs didn't/don't come in 120mm for the Humu.

I could just cold-set* the back end a bit wider. Or just use the singlespeed hub that's in there ;)

* OK, bend :)

Looking at this page the Inter-7 (taking blind guess at which it is) it seems to be about 200mm spacing possibly a bit less with the spacer removed
http://www.rideyourbike.com/shimanoIGH.shtml

What's 80mm here or there :LOL:

EDIT
Scratch that, seem 7-speed is SG-7C18 is 130mm with the 3 speed being 120mm (used on the 24" 'kids' version of the bike) but er Inter-3 as it's called.

These new fangled posh Sturmey Archer hubs are all new to me (but look fun to service
:twisted: )

I have a newer version of that bike. i read somewhere it was a response to the Retro Klunker Gary fisher produced in the mid 90's. They (KONA) claim to be paying homage to the Cooks brothers big BMX that was also inspired the by GF's original 76 Klunker. Im in the process of stripping mine and rattle canning it a matte charcoal or black finish.

MikeD":qz06mhuy said:
I've got a frame and fork from that year that I need to either build or move on. What's the rear hub in yours? I was looking a putting a hub gear in mine but the back end's really narrow.

It would seem that the hub i have a shimano nexus shouldn't be on there as its too wide so i have had to take it out and consider my options

FluffyChicken":3ifswti6 said:
MikeD":3ifswti6 said:
I'm pretty sure that the A'Ha had a slightly different frame, at the very least it had cable stops for the gear hub on it and I think the back end was wider -- Shimano 7spd hubs didn't/don't come in 120mm for the Humu.

I could just cold-set* the back end a bit wider. Or just use the singlespeed hub that's in there ;)

* OK, bend :)

Looking at this page the Inter-7 (taking blind guess at which it is) it seems to be about 200mm spacing possibly a bit less with the spacer removed
http://www.rideyourbike.com/shimanoIGH.shtml

What's 80mm here or there :LOL:

EDIT
Scratch that, seem 7-speed is SG-7C18 is 130mm with the 3 speed being 120mm (used on the 24" 'kids' version of the bike) but er Inter-3 as it's called.

These new fangled posh Sturmey Archer hubs are all new to me (but look fun to service
:twisted: )

This is all getting me scratching my head i have taken the nexus out and im now considering single speed but where do i find a 120mm hub ??

GT-Steve":4p5rhyr2 said:
Good to see you went and bought it fella.

Sorry I couldn't help at all... :oops: :D

yeah could resist it mate my bank manager wont be so happy though doubt its lovely will cover it :LOL: :LOL:

More pictures

DSCF1671.jpg

DSCF1672.jpg

DSCF1673.jpg

I would leave the Nexus hub in and not worry about it.
What do the drop out sit at naturally. It may well have been adjusted for it or just been happily running that hub on there for some time not worrying about itself.
Find a neater way to do the cabling or at least some colour coded tie wraps

Back