1991 Trek 8700 Pro

dude!

I am not your Dude! and jacking your thread? The webspace is for helping others with retrobikes, & not everyone is a Dude like you

ooooh get her ^

hows your 9200 comming on ?
i just put together a large framed one ,well a 9000 actually

Thanks Marathon for the help! Your input was a big help a while back! Anyways the 8700 Pro is finished. Pics to come Retro'rs!

The 9200 is coming along slowly. I have an issue with the original fork (UK shipment was either lost or not shipped). I have all the parts waiting to be put on. 3 months and going!!!

Corrected a bunch of things on the bike. Updated pictures!

P1050117.jpg

P1050119.jpg

P1050118.jpg

Oh ya. That bike rocks! Good job with the M900 stuff.

I like all of the decisions that led you to this place, so please don't say it's finished. I look at the seat, cage, some of the housing lengths, and think that for little effort or money, it'd be more pleasing for your eye and your ass to change 'em. Bet you could find another sticker for the stem, too.

Does anybody really need a granny gear that small - especially in Richmond? If you like it though, let me know. I'll give you my old, mint micro-adapter and small ring. Just PM me.

(And keep the presta valve adapter in your pocket for the BoTM photo shoot...)

You did something really good. Make it great, man.

Peace.

Nice work cb!.....I have kona with a 22/30 gear that is essentially useless but I keep it as it makes me laugh!....I could get up the side of my house with it I think!...... :D

Thanks! And the answer is yes I am NOT done. Always looking and thinking about new ideas....but I am probably going to start looking for my ultimate build!

Turned out rather well

The XTR RFs look better then the thumbies and Deore levers

I think most on most builds the whole group on a bike should be roughly period

Also the thumbies were pointed almost totally due south!

Great colors! Can't remember if they were ever delivered in Europe. I think these were only made for the US market?? Do you get the Syncros parts for free if you're a citizen of Canada?? ;) ;)

Back