Yo Eddy! & Koga SkyExpension

Nice tweeks Melvin, the Yo is looking mighty fine now.

Oh, and never knew that with rocker and one rim first - I have wasted hours these last couple of weekends thinking I was just being shit.
I now hate rockers.

Very very sweet...am really liking the colours on both these bikes and soooooooo minty too.....awesome :D

love those bikes. the koga is awesome... mostly cause i know the craftmanship is superb and it is rare. have not ridden so i don't know what's it like.

the yo... well, i love yos. this colour scheme is one of the prettiest. i would build it w/ black components all over so the fat city frame would stand out... but i like the color explosion as well.

While photographing I took a quick pic of my Panasonic as well. It is my current rider.

2268050921_ccc66d4788_b.jpg

The cockpit is identical to that of the Yo now: TrueTemper 4130 bar, Suntour XC Pro thumbies and levers.

The seatpost is a XC Pro as well. It offers more setback than the previous post. The neon yellow Answer ATAC is shorter and has more rise than the previous polished Syncors. With this changes I moved my body more behind the bracket and slightly more upright.

Blue Gorilla brake boosters went, original ''Made in Holland'' Footwork brake boosters came on. They are not like cheese, they are really stiff.

With tyres I now moved to 2.35. Is really necessary, as the whole package is very rigid.

Japanese rivel manufacturer Miyata started manufacturing frames in 1890. Miyata grew big in the US during the 80s. They are widely considered the best 'of the shelf' bikes of that era. By mid 90s Miyata disappeared from US market because of expensive Yen and cheap production in Taiwan. Same happened to makes like Panasonic and Bridgestone. In Japan tey are still present with a to us quirky line up of bicycles.

Koga Miyata was founded in 1974 in Heerenveen, Friesland, The Netherlands by Andries Gaastra, (coincidentally?) grandson of Batavus founder. Andries son is the man behind idworx. A cycle familly. Koga is a substraction of Gaastra and the family name of his wife (Polish, I do not remember). From the beginning aimed at the luxury market. Andries decided to go with Miyata frames because they offered what he wanted for his brand. In the beginning Koga was Shimano importer as well, so an 99% Japanese package was offered and not much Campa on the high end Capri Sonne roadbikes. Koga were the 1st to bring Giant on the market. ''Giant, quality touched by Koga'', it was. That was before Giant grew big. To my information 1995 was the last year for Japan made Miyata frames at Koga (maybe because of the same reasons why Miyata disappeared from the US market???)

I think that is about it. For us, as customer, it means that Miyata and Koga Miyata frames mainly differ in graphics and paint.

Back