2000 Klein Mantra Carbon - 96er

the0r1st":3g0ath71 said:
Cool. So the triple clamp on your mantra, how does it feel and now much travel do you have?

The DUC32's are switchable 4 or 6 inch and the back is standard 5.5 inch... TBH I've not ridden it yet as I've no drivetrain yet! :roll: :roll:

For my daughter It'll be set the front at 4inch front and the back will be around 3. If she let's me ride it I'll let you know how it goes.

I forgot about that one, sorry! Still I can't regard the Mantra as an offroad bike for serious gravity abuse. The thing is that today you can find singlecrown forks that are lighter, stiffer and better than that X-Vert.

Mx

Maxipedia":3grtjqqw said:
Still I can't regard the Mantra as an offroad bike for serious gravity abuse.

You're 100% right.. Never was a DH bike and no mater what we throw at it will it ever be, just a fantastic fully floating XC'er - I used to do endurance events in the English Lake District and never was as fresh at the end of 6/12/24 hrs as I was after I got that bike. ;-)

I don't think anyone believes a klein mantra would make a good dh bike. I just have three forks that I have that I can use.

Right now I enjoy it being a 69er but plan on changing it out during the summer to one of the other two. Right now thinking about the super T and that doesn't mean I'm going to start bombing down hills. I'm getting to old for that.

adamdski":3qbxxyfm said:
Just installed a 29er front end; breathing new life into what is still a beautiful bicycle. The trails in Phoenix are steep and rocky, and now the head tube angle sits at a mere 68 degrees unloaded, finally making my Mantra rideable in this region. [/b] It weighs 12kg with a 100mm RockShox Reba Race fork and Bontrager Race 29er wheel. It rides exactly like I need it to out here. Really can't get enough of this bike!

awesome bike!

I am wondering if anyone can englighten me as to the size of the headset for this frame? I understand that it is not the standard 1 1/8 inch.

Thanks!!

Back