I found another HiteRite

yedi

Dirt Disciple
Guy in a lbs saw my bike with a HiteRite. He told that he has one that he bought from US as they came into the market. I asked where it is? Guy said that in on a shelf at basement. He digged it out and showed to me and said that he has newer needed it. There was original price (34 usd) in a packet. I made him an offer that was approved. He topped our deal with two(52 and 44) little used Biopace rings. I was quite happy dude to leave the store :cool: .

Here is the HiteRite:

Attachments

• HiteRite.jpg
    HiteRite.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 7,811
Elev12k":1mxcev3g said:
Nice... :)

So now let us see your bike with Hite Rite !

Here it is:

http://www.pinkbike.com/photo/1764018/

(That alloved bigger size image to upload...)

Ridge Runner is waiting for full service. Now I am painting my Marin. It takes time, since it has fluorescent pink splashes on fluorescent yellow base. Those splashes are quite difficult to make, so that they look like originals.

Yup, a 88 RidgeRunner. It sure is! Way cool :cool:

88RR2800.jpg

Elev12k":3q3jan5q said:
Yup, a 88 RidgeRunner. It sure is! Way cool :cool:

Thank's for nice original add :D .

Yep, it is. I am sure! I have original documents. Warranty card filled and dated 23.7.1988. Pitty that first owner took off those decorations at front of top tube :evil: .

I have all original parts(even auto valve pump that fits to the holder at back of seat tube) for it and spares also. Tires (Panaracer Ibex II) are already quite hard rubber, but I believe that I am able to fit them for 20 years anniversary . :) Maybe nicest spare is set of same fork ends that frame has, you never know when you might need to replace them ;) .

I thought that I am getting to be quite weird when getting all kind of old bike parts etc. Now when I found this site and saw pictures from other's stuff I am quite relieffed...

I do know that pump, I have several. They are nice! Recently got my hands on a 1990 Koga TerraRunner. It had that pump with a gold like finish :cool:

Here the Koga equivilent of your bike, the 88 Koga Miyata RidgeRunner =>

88RidgeRunner2800.jpg

Two more that are pretty much alike =>

Here

Also alike, but with shorter stays and cantis =>

MiyataRRh-ballsac.jpg

Back