FS - Classic Frames & Components(Campag,Brookes,Shimano)

Hi RK :) "Some seriously good stuff my friend" but finding an audience these days for true vintage is very hard, so don't be disheartened :) The older the kit, the more the new generation can't understand its value (no insult to them). I love the sound of the Soens, but I know my own heart is placed firmly in the 70's-90's. Before and after is a whole new ball game. I know you don't like fleabay, but, the audience is much wider and knows its vintage from its retro from its modern. Never thought I'd see you selling buddy ?

I wish you well, and hope that whatever reason you are selling for, they find a good home :) Perhaps its time a museum was setup that bought genuinely rare bikes and items, and perhaps even more, it is time someone in here (myself perhaps) setup a new area where "knowledge & education" can be posted so that the new generation can at least have somewhere to read why these old bikes are so important. Cutting edge technology from the 50's looks so old hat in 2012, until readers realise why it was important back then. Many sites try, but then get overwhelmed with the logistics of keeping information "clean, true, proven, non speculative, precise, easy to read".

You my friend have far too much information inside your head, that would be better placed in the outside world. I know this much, "the cycling market worldwide has for decades undersold itself because of lack of understanding by those in the new world". Time perhaps to change this :) Best of luck RK, yours Laz.

PS: as a sobering thought, your Soens is worth not 1 penny less than £700-£1000 but we are few who know this. Sure curly Hetchins etc fetch £xyz, but so many come up for grabs, unlike NOS Fillet brased Soens from the 50's with their original receipt.

Hi Laz,

appreciate your comments as always bro, but recent events have caused, let's say a certain amount of evaluation of priorities, namely I've had two close friends pass away: one late last year, one just over two weeks ago.

I've decided to put some energy back into actually riding, so my collection will be limited to the bikes that I have a direct link with: for example those I have had from new (my SBDU, my LU, my Holdsworths x2), or those that family or relative has passed on (i.e my '47 Hetchins bought new by my Grandad).

I have some good stuff for sale, and I agree with you regarding our younger friends - lets see what this weekend's jumble brings or it'll be the bay.

Plus I have a Mercedes 500E that needs a front suspension rebush!

Yours, ever in the peloton (I'll try to do my"bit"), Roadking.

Great Items for Sale.

Last bump for this sale thread will be tomorrow - as I take it to the jumble at the weekend.

Roadking.

Cutting edge technology from the 50's looks so old hat in 2012, until readers realise why it was important back then.

Couldn't agree more. When you look at some of the times people were posting back then without the benefit of everything the modern professional racer has come to expect it certainly makes you think... Would love the Soen but just got a 47 Lenton Clubman.....Good luck with the sale.

Karl

Back