Cycling on footpaths

integerspin":1aw5ir63 said:
I go greenlaning[in an old lightweight land rover] but have to go quite a way form my house to get to the nearest lanes. I started riding a push bike .....

me, too, bought my LR LWT to go greenlaning a couple of years before a lot of the greenlanes were made inaccessible, being a 3.5 l V8 is kinda expensive to run and I need to go some distance to the nearest greenlane.

anyway, footpaths - I see no reason why cyclists should not be allowed same access as walkers, they create no more damage. The few :? times I have been on a footbath, I've hardly ever see any walkers and if I do, I stop and let them go by.

I use footpaths frequently around here and in the lakes to join bridleways. But I always treat walkers as if they have the right of way, regardless of rights. However, my only worry about the 'give cyclists more access rights' is that those idiot bikers who aren't as selfless, could spoil it for the rest of us. It only takes one biker hanging it out with the rear wheel locked on a corner, to alienate a group who for the most part I don't have any issues with, perhaps because if you live around here (Lakes..almost) walking is as much in your blood as cycling.

02gf74":19i3b01k said:
anyway, footpaths - I see no reason why cyclists should not be allowed same access as wlakers, they crate no more damage. the few :? times I have been on a footbath, I've hardly ever see any wankers and if i do, I stop and let them go by.
I agree, I've never seen a wanker on a footpath, but if I did I think I would give them a wide berth.

I'm not sure if there's anything specific in the Countryside Code as to protocol regarding wankers. I must look it up.

I do go out locallt asometimes and when I meet walkers they are always friendly. No hostlity in Suffolk but I tend to reserve the MTBing for Thetford Forest or similar places.

Back