Show us your Proflex........

Groundoggy":x35gplz4 said:
Saw a few nights back the rear is cracked by the replaceable dropout. :(

6828888745_2b12737e35.jpg

Still grieving the loss and pondering my options. If I hadn't put Risse's on there I think I would just sell off the bit's and end it.

Don't go vulture on it just yet (not that there's anything special there besides the shocks). I'm going to wait a bit and see what shows up.
Thats a shame, I do have an xpx frame (large) Which I think is the same (see page 3 for pics) as yours thats for sale as soon as I've stripped it if you're interested?.

NAILTRAIL96":1dukbw7c said:
Thats a shame, I do have an xpx frame (large) Which I think is the same (see page 3 for pics) as yours thats for sale as soon as I've stripped it if you're interested?.

I would be extremely interested. Didn't expect a solution 9 minutes after posting. Wow. I am no longer quite so crushed.

...actually kinda drooling over that XPX now. Keep me in mind.

detomaso":811scbl3 said:
trek_y":811scbl3 said:
Here's mine, not quite there yet :oops:
757 with carbon swinger, Risse shock, discs and Easton carbon bits - bit of a retromod. Sorry I don't like Girvin forks !
Brings me back to my 552 of many years past which was the same colours and a bike I have fond memories of.

Nice to see my old frame being used ;) looks good with the new disc mount

Yep it's yours and I STILL haven't finished it off properly - how rubbish is that ! :oops:

Groundoggy":3tbie1jq said:
Saw a few nights back the rear is cracked by the replaceable dropout. :(

Still grieving the loss and pondering my options. If I hadn't put Risse's on there I think I would just sell off the bit's and end it.

Don't go vulture on it just yet (not that there's anything special there besides the shocks). I'm going to wait a bit and see what shows up.

Take a look at this......!

http://link.marktplaats.nl/527417226

apache":1cc00mni said:
'scuse my ignorance, but what (other than the decals) is the difference between an RF1 and a 750? To the untrained eye, they look identical, right down to the lobster pink swingarm.

Was it the prototype or something?

This is my old 750, polished up with repainted swing arm after a pretty hard life in the Welsh mountains!

proflex.jpg

Swapped this bike (less the forks) for a '94 Pine Mountain. Stupid... should've kept both, but with a new baby, a morgage and a boat to feed...
The RF-1 ones were made at serotta and they were less than ten. They were the prototype to be used by the proflex team. The 750 were copied from them on year later. Some RF-1's had girvin cranks, the ti flextem and other different bits. Those cranks are impossible to find nowadays.
The swingarm wasn't pink, was neon orange. And the decals too.

There is very few info about them, but retrobikeguy from here knows all about them.

The RF-1 was supposed to be first dual suspension production bike in the world.
top25-2011MTB-action3.JPG

ok, slightly off topic but can you can and post the next page(s) of that feature?

BTW, I will post a photo of my XP8 with disc brake and air shock conversion at some point so don't go away ......

sSorry, I can't.
I found this scan in the blog of Tinker Juarez. I put it here to see what MBA said about the RF-1.

Cheers

My 957 - It needs both shocks replacing which is rather sad and expensive, kind of got my head around buying new noleens from J6 now, if anyone's got any great suggestions I'd be all ears. All the parts have been upgraded to something more fitting but the pics explains the important bits.

Ps) being a small means the rear shock is limited due to being bolted through the top tube.

dsc02005wu.jpg

Nice 957.

I've got a whole 957 rear end in the shed. Not sure what the shock is like, but it seems to travel smoothly when I apply pressure to it.

Back