Another Colnago!

shawnb":1n0c4nf7 said:
Let me know if you'd like me to delete my pics after you've seen them. Don't want to be clogging up your thread with my pics !

Shawn.

No probelm, more Colnago's the merrier! Looks great by the way, fantastic decor paint.

So, got the wheels back from the shop, and very nice they look too. However, I've encountered my first real problem :( I screwed on the Regina freewheel, but when the wheel is then installed in the drop outs there isn't enough chain clearance to shift onto the 13 sprocket:

web.jpg

So first question is, does the freewheel look like it's screwed on far enough? It is done up pretty tight with a chain whip, and I doubt it will go on much further. It doesn't look like it's on far enough to me though.

If it is on properly then I guess I'll need spacers on the axle, probably 2 mm would be enough (and the same on the non drive side to keep the wheel centred I suppose). However this would only leave me 3mm of axle in each dropout, is this enough?

By the way the dropout spacing is 127 mm and the hub is the same. Suggestions for a solution appreciated!

Looks like maybe it could be on a bit more. For what it's worth, here is one of mine on the same LF hub. This is a Regina America 7sp. Perhaps it is on a bit further than your Oro, and this is just hand tight. Can't tell for sure though. All fits in 126.
Sorry it is so dirty --- must do better...
Nick

Attachments

• DSC01872.jpg
    DSC01872.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 544
Actually, now they're together it looks pretty similar (taking into account the different design of the two freewheel bodies), so maybe the wheel was dished with 5sp in mind. If so, would be good to increase the spacers on the drive side, decrease on the non-drive side and re-dish the wheel...
Nick

@blacka01

On your photo it seems there's already some kind of spacer between the freewheel and the hub? If you remove the freewheel, remove the spacer/washer and thread the freewheel again it should be OK.

jCymbal":1l7nf5xy said:
@blacka01

On your photo it seems there's already some kind of spacer between the freewheel and the hub? If you remove the freewheel, remove the spacer/washer and thread the freewheel again it should be OK.

Cheers for the replies guys. No, there's no spacer on there, just the hub body. Doesn't look very different from yours nammonk, so maybe it is seated properly. I tried transferring the 1 mm washer from between the cone and the locknut on the non-drive side (there's no spacers on that side unfortunately) to the drive side. There was almost enough clearance, so I think one more 1mm washer on that side should do it, then get the wheel re-dished as you suggest. That would only lose me 0.5 mm of axle from each end which should be ok, PITA though!

Where do you get the washers from? Just regular hardware store ones?

You get Campag washers from campyoldy.co.uk or (at the moment) from Wayne (wblenkin) on lfgss. But it is a heck of a lot of money to pay for a bit of steel...
Alternatively, you do what I have done in the past and use any old washers you can get your hands on. Works just fine.
Nick

Can I take my picture down now? It is so dirty and the perspective makes it look like all the teeth are bent. It's excruciating and I'm ashamed...

hum...

Can you post a photo of the non drive side as well? So that we can get the "whole picture" of what's going on with this hub.

Back