Retrobike National Series Rd 1: Lake District ~ 25/02/2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: lakes

marc two tone":1xwq5i32 said:
slmracing":1xwq5i32 said:
I will be attending this one, car sharing with Marc two tone, can't wait :D :D

indeed, up for it! day trippin' as not too far.

better get in touch with rich aitch.

I think day-tripping may be best for me too, shame really as I have booked the Friday off to travel there and make it a longer trip. I need to give myself every chance of riding well and a 2 hr drive isn't the best but may be necessary..

Not making this one as my op on my wrists is on the 9th and will be off the bike for at least 8wks :cry: :cry:

lakes

giant-one":2fm9x9au said:
Not making this one as my op on my wrists is on the 9th and will be off the bike for at least 8wks :cry: :cry:

not so good news rich. front suss for a wee while i expect beyond remedial period. hope you heal quick! was in your town earlier today and got out quick as the sky went white, head back down to pollution and heavy traffic i thought ;)

i have ear-marked the mc D's on the way upto tescos as a porridge stop on the way up to the lakes.

Re: lakes

marc two tone":3hnqrdli said:
giant-one":3hnqrdli said:

not so good news rich. front suss for a wee while i expect beyond remedial period. hope you heal quick! was in your town earlier today and got out quick as the sky went white, head back down to pollution and heavy traffic i thought ;)

i have ear-marked the mc D's on the way upto tescos as a porridge stop on the way up to the lakes.

Cheers pal.
Yeah it look bad but it passed. Yep no rigid for me :roll:

i have earmarked this on my calender but i will decide if i'm coming nearer the time. if i do come i'll be making it a roadtrip with a couple of other places on the way there and back.

apologies i can't be more specific at the moment but i do intend to make it, subject to the usual type of excuses . . . weather, fitness or lack of it, money, time off, not to mention the usual lack of enthusiasm for our awful winter!

:)

Is anyone coming up from London or that sort of area?

iShaw has a frame for me and I'd like it to be in the safe hands of a forum member than the courier services.

i have a week off from 13 - 18 of feb, i'm looking to get some miles in for training, if anyone is local to me your welcome to join me, looking to do around 20 - 30 miles each day.
i live in runcorn, closest to delamere. for me.

Mentioned it to mrs today and she seemed keen, so if we can sort childcare we'll come up. She'd be riding her Parkpre Ti (she raced elite for them in '95). Has been heavily and regularly used so not many original parts (unless I raid the scrap in the attic).

However I'm undecided on what to ride. I could bring my old 1990 Kili-Flyer. But my "modern" bike might be of more interest. Will I get flamed for bringing something newish? In my defence, it does feature E-stays and rigid steel, and I guess homebuild counts towards bodge points ;-). What do people think?

Attachments

• side_small.jpg
    side_small.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 667
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back