1993 Raleigh Activator 2

Just curious, but if you did some good AL parts upgrades and made it SS would it produce a cool "softail" mid-weight weenie build? Pace rigid carbon forks on the front would be a delight.

Found something worse than the craptivator :D

Cheap parts and shoddy forks :cry:

Attachments

• IMAG0340.jpg
    IMAG0340.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 1,618
  • IMAG0341.jpg
    IMAG0341.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 1,618
Woz":1lx1d9zc said:
Just curious, but if you did some good AL parts upgrades and made it SS would it produce a cool "softail" mid-weight weenie build? Pace rigid carbon forks on the front would be a delight.

I may try this for a laugh :D

Just seen this thread and I also have and love (I must do otherwise I'd have skipped it years ago!) an Activator 2, actually an Activator 2 GS Special Edition. Heavy, with rock solid suspension but I think looks awesome and I've owned it from new. Just put new tyres on it and otherwise totally original. Been a fun thread to read :LOL:

Hillman":35ias13l said:
Just seen this thread and I also have and love (I must do otherwise I'd have skipped it years ago!) an Activator 2, actually an Activator 2 GS Special Edition. Heavy, with rock solid suspension but I think looks awesome and I've owned it from new. Just put new tyres on it and otherwise totally original. Been a fun thread to read :LOL:

Ooooooooooooh Piccies please :)

Jussa said:

Here it is, needs some love, a respray of the bar ends and handlebar stem, replace the seat stem, looking for a replacement saddle, buts rides ok. Gripshift twisters, saddle and tyres all grey as original but need a clean. I like it but with the 1.95 tyres it does sound like my Land Rover when on the road ;)

Attachments

• DSCF1065.JPG
    DSCF1065.JPG
    257 KB · Views: 1,399
Hillman":2yp3ildo said:
Jussa":2yp3ildo said:

Here it is, needs some love, a respray of the bar ends and handlebar stem, replace the seat stem, looking for a replacement saddle, buts rides ok. Gripshift twisters, saddle and tyres all grey as original but need a clean. I like it but with the 1.95 tyres it does sound like my Land Rover when on the road ;)

Some simple TLC and it will look awesome :)

Back