1992 Specialized S-Works M2

Thanks again guys. I guessing the previous owner upgraded sometime in the mid to late 90s judging by the fork and components. Now I just need to figure out what I want to do with it.

I've got a set of 7spd XT thumbies and a 7spd shimano cassette that I think I'll put on since the SRAM cassette doesn't seem to shift well in the middle gears. Of course, then I'll have to replace the brake levers. Fortunately I have a set of Kooka levers that I kept in a box all these years. :D

I've also got a carbon Profile bar with clear Tomac grips that the levers and shifters are attached to, so I might as well throw that on too. (now that GoldenEra has me spooked about the Answer bars!)

My biggest decision will be the fork. I've still got the fork from my 88 stumpy that I can paint black. I need to replace the headset anyway. I'll post more pics when I'm done.

NICE! I had one the same, 92 in black too with thumbies, all factory, bought it about 94 to replace my giant Sedona, would love another one

I had this exact bike in 92, 22" though. Loved it and shouldn't have sold it. Very stiff frame.

Nice to see one again.

I have a black 1992 S-Works M2 in the shed. It's a 20" and waiting for a new paint. Still not sure if I should keep it black or paint it red?

Back