Late 90's SYNCROS polished cranks...

Syncros cranks...

So there they are... Yes very nice! They do look brished but I think it's just the camera/flash angle showing all the fine scratches. I think your new cranks will be nice and shiny... :D

If they haven't got the STD then chances are it's sometime in 97 or 98

1997 was the first year of them.

There is a thread somewhere on here trying to figure out some dates, I think a lot of it was changes through the year as snapped ones came back (syncros cranks seemed to snapped through one of the letters) and the STD was introduced quickly (not for the snapping reason, probably to make forging cheaper still) GT owned Syncros by the time these came out iirc.

I only know what I've picked up from this forum and searches.

Easy enough to date mine, being the 10th anniversary ones. Partly why I got them to mate with my 97 Bontrager. Pardon my ignorance, is the STD that bit that attaches 2 of the chainring bolts with the crankarms?
I've also seen these with the Syncros engraved on different ends of the crankarm. I've seen a photo of a snapped driveside arm that had the engraving near the spider end, as opposed to the ones we have engraved near the pedal end of the crankarm.

Back