DMR Mech Verter // Speen Umlenker

Dead Rats

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
I'm running 3x9 Ultegra STIs with on my Surly with triple XT chainset and an Ultegra triple front mech which is bottom pull, but the frame is top pull.

StudentBob kindly sent me a Speen Umlenker (which converts mechs from bottom to top pull) but I found it strains the LH shifter a lot attempting to run triple anyway, and it's not the exact model for my front mech which probably doesn't help.

So, thought I'd a DMR Mech Verter instead, as it seems more hmmm natural. Anyone tried them?

My cable routing is directly in the middle of the seat tube but cable clamp is on the right... do I just run it under left of pulley wheel and up to the clamp, or - as I've seen on a Yeti ARC - run it to the right of the pulley and kinda loop it round - does this second way affect cable pull ratio?

Any tips / experiences to share peeps? Concerned about the DMR pulley being right in the dirtiest part of the bike!

Cheers,
Al :cool:

Well, so far the DMR Mech Verter is flawless! Usual 5 minutes faff getting cable tension bang on, but the Surly is shifting as well as any bike I've ever owned/built now.

Back