East Midlands Area chat and rides thread

rc200ti":11ju4jk3 said:
I thought 'good Karma', falling off in the warm comfort of mechanical expertise and equipment, and justified by the stirling work and support given by His Matness who can never be accused of basking in reflected glory.

Don't understand!!! Basking in who's glory?

Where is the Tuesday ride this week?

On another note I have just got some clipless peddles and set my bike up but i think my Quadra shox are now pretty much spent. I do have some Judy's to put on.
Can i just remove the canti brakes and put them straight on the Judy's is it as simple as that, or will springs etc fly out in every direction if i remove the canti's - noob question i know :oops:

Think it depends on your cantis!! Some have open springs, others have them behind some plastic. There's not much too them though so you should be ok even if they go boing!

We're riding from Smisby this week. Just go through Ticknall, past Chequers for a couple of miles and then turn right. Follow this link: http://g.co/maps/5yequ

Park in the street outside the pub. 7pm.

Inzaman":1ytoqnaf said:
Where is the Tuesday ride this week?

On another note I have just got some clipless peddles and set my bike up but i think my Quadra shox are now pretty much spent. I do have some Judy's to put on.
Can i just remove the canti brakes and put them straight on the Judy's is it as simple as that, or will springs etc fly out in every direction if i remove the canti's - noob question i know :oops:

do the judys have a canti stop ? some do some don't, if not they won't work.

Back