Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Google+

• Another bike site

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone, thought I would join the site as my 1991 GT Tequesta is getting a new lease of life as my daily mode of transport to and from work. Not much interest in it on the Bikeradar site but then carbon and hydroformed frames don't do much for me either :LOL: Nice to have a site specifically for the older bikes (and their owners!)
Have owned the GT from new and had to save for a long time to buy it, don't think I could part with it now. It makes a great commuting bike and is still in great shape, will post details in the appropriate part of the forum.
Cheers all!

Good morning from Chicago...

I can see I have made a few friends from my first post...

I am 49 years old, and an avid cyclist and collector of vintage bikes

I worked in high end shops from 1975 to 1986 and am proud to be a part of the mountain bike movement from the beginning...

I still own one the first MTB's made by Tom Ritchey...(I will try to post pix)

all in all i have 15 plus vintage bikes...and another 15 more modern but highly collectable mountain and road bikes. (like a 2004 Phil PISS-OFF)

I collect mainly FAT CHANCE bikes and am the proud owner of 4 YO's, 3 WICKED's, 1 MONSTER FAT, and a SLIM CHANCE.

I have 4 Ritcheys, a 1983 EVEREST, a 1984 C series Team Comp, 1998 NiTi, and a 1999 SWISSCROSS

I have an original 1984-85 Trek 850 (one of the first 100 made)

An 1994 Ibis Ti Mojo, A 1981 Teesdale Cirius, and a 1992 Santana Moda

I am no expert on any of this, just a crazed bike lover with an obsession to renew and restore the bikes of my youth.

I ride a lot (over 4000 miles this year) and I talk too much.

I hope to be a solid contributor to your site in the future...

I will try to post pix, provided I can sift through the proper categories to post correctly...

best wishes

Jim

tvcreative":26ogq624 said:

:LOL: Welcome. Your case remind me I should contribute at Fat Cogs soon as I'm only lurker there since half year or so being quiet active here. I love Fats. I own couple of Fats too.

tvcreative":3v88a5la said:
Good morning from Chicago...

Welcome to the site Jim, I went to Chicago with work once (Westinghouse at Lake Bluff), great city.

Look forward to see pics of your bikes, especially the early Ritchey,

Nice entrance by the way :LOL:

Cheers

Adrian

Hello

Iam from sunny Liverpool(not in Australia)

I have been away from mb's for some time(populating the world.......well..... two kids) and have decided its time to chase my youth :LOL: !!!!
Its been a while since i have owned anything half decent but i have never stopped noticing frames which whipping past me when iam out.
Seems that there have been a few changes to modern bikes but i wouldnt feel comfortable with one so i have decided to pick up where i left off and have bought an Cannondale M800 with the view to riding it round for a while while i get some ideas for the project(so many buzzing round already)
All in all it should be an interesting ride ;) (sorry) but hopefully i wont have to sell a child to complete?
I will be back no doubt looking for something to stick on the front end to keep my expensive fillings from rattling out and will be looking for much much advice?
This will be the fourth Dale i have owned alongside various others(Gt,Kona,Muddy Fox) but i have always wanted an orange,so if one comes up for nice money then hey...who knows??
Anyway ,here is too many happy days rattling my bolts loose on tracks again.
Cheers!!!!

Hi all

Goodmorning from Denmark

First of all I would like to thank you for a great MTB forum, with a high dedication to old and retro bikes.

I am 33 years old and have been riding mtb since i was 16 years old. I started with a Kona Lave Dome from 95/96, and it was my good friend for many years. When I turned 18 I bought a Focus Raven (XTR, Rock Shox SID and a long Syncros stem...) I was ready to race. Unfortunaly I had a discus prolaps from riding to much XC, so from spending 2-3 hours on my bike 5-6 times a week, I went back to just enjoying riding my bikes for the fun of it - no more race.

I have owned alot of Konas andf GT's, but I find myself enjoying riding my old Konas (Caldera 97) the most. Nothing beats old steel Very Happy

Hello from Romania This is my MTB, modified for racing. We keep abreast of changes to come. Thank you.

Attachments

• serthet6 (68).jpg
    serthet6 (68).jpg
    284 KB · Views: 1,121
  • my eyes®-0067.jpg
    my eyes®-0067.jpg
    247.2 KB · Views: 1,121
  • 43r45 (9).jpg
    43r45 (9).jpg
    174.3 KB · Views: 1,121
  • 3xr45g (5).jpg
    3xr45g (5).jpg