HOPE hubs

LeeDevelopment":1ml45qu9 said:
Portydave":1ml45qu9 said:
Think this is a suspension one that i have, from 1993/4 as I recall.

main.php

Lovingly called The Fatso :)

Nope, the Suspension. Fatso was fatter and couldn't have use the grubscrew end caps.

Just bought a red Hope rear ti and front red suspension ti as a pair on Ebay. Been looking for a nice pair for my retro Kona build for ages, so when they came up, I simply had to buy them. Only problem is that I now feel bad when I look at them knowing how much I had to part with to aquire them! I have now got to save up to have them built up with some mint grey Mavic X517 SUP hoops, DT stainless butted revolution spokes and anno red DT nipples. These will then be my dream retro wheels, but scary expensive to do! :(

shaun":2fx4th9q said:
Just bought a red Hope rear ti and front red suspension ti as a pair on Ebay. Been looking for a nice pair for my retro Kona build for ages, so when they came up, I simply had to buy them. Only problem is that I now feel bad when I look at them knowing how much I had to part with to aquire them! I have now got to save up to have them built up with some mint grey Mavic X517 SUP hoops, DT stainless butted revolution spokes and anno red DT nipples. These will then be my dream retro wheels, but scary expensive to do! :(
[Apologies for showing off my beautiful wheels :oops: yet again
These are my red wheels[the rear is nos hub and rim]
These are finished and are on my Ti
Im also in the process of building the same again but with hope bulbs on the same red x517's.Hubs are a bit faded on the bulbs but the completed front still looks excellent,the red rim reflects into it and helps fool the eye making them look redder than they are.Still nice though :D Putting them on a Santa Cruz Tazmon

Is it grey or do you mean silver :? silver would look lovely

Attachments

• dynas_pics_071_large_186.jpg
    dynas_pics_071_large_186.jpg
    125.5 KB · Views: 673
My HOPE wheelset currently resides on my steel hardtail build.

thornMTB02.jpg

This thread has confirmed I have a Fatso upfront. Better pics later in the week.

Back