The one and only "HOW MUCH IS MY xyz WORTH" thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
A hybrid is not an upgrade! (hybrids are dull, boring and not good at doing anything - a marketing creation) Put some slicks on the Kona and it'll ride like a tarmac shredding beast and still be fun. :D

cinimod":2qb2t7f7 said:
thats exactly what i intended to do but wanted to check that it was not rare or too valuable first :)
It's not - so ride it.

It would truly be rarer than a rare thing to have a bike that was too rare or too valuable not to blag some slicks on it, and use it day-to-day.

Cannondale CODA Splined Cranks

Can someone give me an idea on how much these might be worth?

Set of CODA cranks and rings in excellent condition. These are the ones which were horrendously expensive back in 1999 when they came out if that's any help!

Pic here:
main.php

Reluctant":2sxuidxk said:
(hybrids are dull, boring and not good at doing anything - a marketing creation)

Thats not entirely true is it, they are great at what they were intended for, and many people use them to get to and from work every day. Just because you and I would rather build something up (because we know and love bikes), does not mean that most people don't want to just walk into a shop and buy a hybrid, to them bikes are tools.

WIW- Fat Shock-a-billy

I have a friend that is getting ready to sell and wants to know WIW.

Second gen Shock-a-billy with an original Judy Sl painted to match plus two other forks lots of spare suspension parts bushings pivots axles and three rear shocks. Two of the rear shocks are one of a kind custom rear shocks. The shock-a-billy is serial number SBL013. My understanding is there were 5 prototypes, 3 team bikes and mine is the last of the first batch of 5 retail bikes. It has a custom, one of a kind, Fat welded, gusset on the swingarm that was done added a few years after it was new, that should not appear on any other frame. I spoke with Chance about it directly and we worked together on the placement of the gusset. The shock-a-billy is shown with the current fork (the original is painted to match).

side1.jpg

front1.jpg

dtlshockfrnt.jpg

Thanks in advance- I don't follow the Fat market to close. I am waiting for better photos and a complete list of parts before I post in the for sale section

Barneyballbags":2ceh5kvq said:
I'm glad that SAB above is too big for me or I'd be making all kinds of stupid offers for it! ;)

Yeah- it's big, I assume it's a Large because of the #. He also has a Slim Chance and it's a 58.

Re: alpinestars cro mega dx

cromega":3nkw2miv said:
hi david dixon told me about this site think last year! was into the scene many years ago.had a gt zaskar carbon pace forks sold this around 5 years ago.

owned my cro mega dx around 15-17 years.that has flew by 2 kids now
was in spareroom.kid has room now at the minute bikes in the kitchen wont leave in shed. never been left outside!

looking for a honest valuation.as needs to go really.

resprayed 14 years ago.shot blasted no damage at all
had graphics remade.

spec is
wheels speclized alexrims.no rear cassette
original wheel set dx hubs ritchley expert vantage
front mech dx original
rear mech xt
crank set xt
brakes dx shimano red little use original pads.
sachs gripshift
zoom stem.missing bung
bear trap pedals

pics
99p352.jpg

1zq53s3.jpg

156wlrn.jpg

11rd7ah.jpg

21kfosw.jpg

needs air in tyres. gears need setting up.a good service!!
seat post un-sticking!

thanks

any ideas guys?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back