The one and only "HOW MUCH IS MY xyz WORTH" thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not bitchy, just honest.

You said it was early nineties, I say late 90s. You said it cost £8000, we said it was unlikely to have cost more than a couple grand when new, that's all the parts would have cost new. You said an expert bike shop reckon its worth £5000 we say £500. You came in here with a closed mind expecting people to buy your bike for thousands and then you'd be off never to be heard of again, we don't want to at your price.

I love new members joining but if you're only reason was to tell a bunch of stories to sell a bike then you wont be missed when you leave. If you came here to get a better knowledge of a bike that you obviously know nothing about then pull up a chair and sit and listen with open ears.

Hi all :D

Any ideas on the value of a pair of NOS Shimano Deore XT 'deer head' front and rear mechs?
The front is still in it's original box. ( with instructions ) and marked FD - M700
The rear is unboxed but has never been used. Marked FD-M700

Can add pics tomorrow.

Thanks in advance.
boy"O"boy :D

How much is my kona mini mula worth?

I know there is some kona mtb fans on here so after some advice,
I have a 2001 mini mula which i have owned since new,the bike has hardly been used and has been stored away for most of its life.
the bike is in really good condition and has only ever been used on-road and light trails,
its completely standard apart from the dx pedals but still have the spds.
even the tires are the originals!!
I have been told that these are quite rare now and was wondering how much it is worth?
kona005.jpg

kona001.jpg

Notlostyet":1h5itu86 said:
didnt realise forums were so bitchy. few people said not to join this one and i can see why.

I think that's a tad unfair to be honest.

However the delivery..we have suggested that the figures quoted to you are either unrealistic or false and if your expectation was inline with the figures then you ultimately will be unhappy

I've just looked back through ebay and in here re san andreas's and I didn't realise just how many new members join asking for supersillious prices only never to be seen again once they realise the gold they thought they had was infact gold plated.

As pointed out a frame set this year reached £250..a full bike last summer reached £595? but even then was sold to a chap over at bike radar as most in here knew it was top top money for the bike and they were lucky to find that buyer

I'm glad you decided to sell it on ebay allthough I feel it will remain with you for some time but again I hope you find the buyer your looking for.Just infront of christmas suprisingly isn't the best time but possibly april may as the sun comes out again or even february when people eat too much then decide to become fit . A priced to sell san is still about £350-£500 I feel depending on how long you want to hold on for that special buyer.

Again..sorry you feel the site is bitchy but I have to correct you that it is not but understand your wish for a price and the price that it actually is, has given you an opinion that you have reflected upon the site..which I feel is slightly uncalled for and missplaced

Good luck with your sale

boy"O"boy":e5g8iqkf said:

Any ideas on the value of a pair of NOS Shimano Deore XT 'deer head' front and rear mechs?
The front is still in it's original box. ( with instructions ) and marked FD - M700

Can add pics tomorrow.

Thanks in advance.

Hi chap unsure but I am watching a not new but very good set on dutch ebay as a price guide

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vintage-Shima ... 35b7d4824b

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vintage-Shima ... 35b7d48e65

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
boy"O"boy":3f23a1zs said:

Can add pics tomorrow.

Thanks in advance.

Have a word with Cannondale king, he collects Deer Head bits.

alpinestars cro mega dx

hi david dixon told me about this site think last year! was into the scene many years ago.had a gt zaskar carbon pace forks sold this around 5 years ago.

owned my cro mega dx around 15-17 years.that has flew by 2 kids now
was in spareroom.kid has room now at the minute bikes in the kitchen wont leave in shed. never been left outside!

looking for a honest valuation.as needs to go really.

resprayed 14 years ago.shot blasted no damage at all
had graphics remade.

spec is
wheels speclized alexrims.no rear cassette
original wheel set dx hubs ritchley expert vantage
front mech dx original
rear mech xt
crank set xt
brakes dx shimano red little use original pads.
sachs gripshift
zoom stem.missing bung
bear trap pedals

pics
99p352.jpg

1zq53s3.jpg

156wlrn.jpg

11rd7ah.jpg

21kfosw.jpg

needs air in tyres. gears need setting up.a good service!!
seat post un-sticking!

thanks

Re: How much is my kona mini mula worth?

cinimod":1s4a6mzl said:
I know there is some kona mtb fans on here so after some advice,
I have a 2001 mini mula which i have owned since new,the bike has hardly been used and has been stored away for most of its life.
the bike is in really good condition and has only ever been used on-road and light trails,
its completely standard apart from the dx pedals but still have the spds.
even the tires are the originals!!
I have been told that these are quite rare now and was wondering how much it is worth?
kona005.jpg

kona001.jpg

First of all it looks fantastic.

But late 90 early 00s konas, especially aluminium dont seem to hold a lot fo value. As its a minter i'd say £250 but might be lower.

Good luck with the sale.

thanks for that,was thinking of upgrading to a hybrid as using it to commute, as its not worth alot then will keep it as rides nice :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back