My 2001 Intense M1 build

Love the green and white, especially with the Boxxers! :cool:
Looks a lot of fun, I was on the hunt for an M1 before I got my Tazer, seeing this makes me want one again! ;) :LOL:

Where was this pic taken mate?

Bike looks FANTASTIC by the way :cool::cool::cool:

IMAG0420.jpg

Thanks for comments guys :D picture was taken in Hamsterley forest on Transmission trail, awesome views from there!

Interesting build!

I am onto something similar, as I got myself a cheap and pretty okay M1 in summer. As for many people, an M1 was an unreachable dream for a long time, now I am curious how it rides compared to the newer steeds.

My frame is also gunmetal grey (I won't paint it, though), has a Vanilla RC and I guess it's a '02 or '03. I am happier with this shock than with a 5th Element, that is a pain in the ass to set up and nobody needs stupid platforms when riding down the hill anyway... I also find DHX's vulgar, but maybe I was just spoiled with my CCDB, so who knows?

I miss some components, like a fork for instance, but I am looking for a good Boxxer Team of the '05-'9 chassis, preferably in red. Other bits will be:

- D321 rims laced to Sun Ringle DJ / WTB 20mm hubs via Sapim spokes
- Sunline V-One 40mm stem and 737 bar
- Nuke Proof Warhead headset (disappointing, but this is what I have for now), maybe a Sunline V-Two
- Holzfeller cranks on Howitzer Team BB (the bike came with an interesting 3G crankset and MRP-copy guide)
- Boxguide or Sunline chainguide
- probably a Truvativ Team seatpost
- an SDG or WTB saddle
- Shimano 11-26 9-speed road casette plus KMC chain
- Tiagra or XT shortcage rear derailleur with Deore 2-way release shifters
- Sunline V-One pedals
- Hope 4-pot brakes or some Elixirs
- Minions or Bontrager Big Earl Dry singleply tires with regular tubes
- whatever grips will happen to be around

I don't have a fetish for Sunline parts, but they just happen to be around from my penultimate Supreme and it's cheaper to just put them on instead of buying new stuff. On the other hand, headset and chainguide should be really inexpensive and I like more components from one brand than a wild mixture, so it's okay. Sunline bars and pedals are excellent, but the stem was crap, by the way. I am more interested in how this bike rides than the build itself, but we'll see how things will evolve...

Cheers,
Mx

Yeah that is a few bikes lol :shock: good luck with the build! I'm hoping to upgrade the frame this year to a M9 so this M1 will be available frame only :)

Back