1992 Scott Pro Racing - finished May 06 pics on p5!

Have had a quote of 75 EUR for sandblasting and powdercoating the frame. Reasonable price IMO.
Will have it coated in the next weeks. Can't wait to start building it.....

Finally the frame and fork will go to the powdercoater! Tomorrow I will bring them. Here are some last pics of the frame as it is.

I found some NOS Tange Big Fork's! :cool:

GroteFoto-3EJXMFXD.jpg

GroteFoto-XST7OQYV.jpg

I got it back from the powdercoater! It looks very nice. The pictures show the yellow fork a bit pale, allmost greenish... :? It is yellow though!

Now I can start rebuilding it! :p

GroteFoto-DK3IPYPX.jpg

GroteFoto-A6H34ZPE.jpg

GroteFoto-4MYCKXBY.jpg

GroteFoto-GTK6UECD.jpg

GroteFoto-T8YNMF7S.jpg

GroteFoto-W6NTF8NC.jpg

GroteFoto-AUVANFDK.jpg

Bart:

Think it'll look great, but for me the decals need a little bit more work on them...

The radius on the 'o' is wrong, the 's' doesn't flow around as the contours aren't the same, and they don't seem quite 'squat' enough...

There are a couple more, but you get the picture!

What did BCM use as a template out of interest, or did he do them by eye?

(However, if you have already had Gil print them and you've mounted them on the frame - then they are the best decals I have ever seen...)

BB

:LOL:

they were taken from photos of the original stickers on the bike BB, so a little bit of trickery removing the curvature of the tube, and perspective from the camera (as best i could, anyway), some tracing, and then by eye

which O and which S out of interest, or both of them?

there were quite a few adjustments before the final draft was sent..I'll post it up if Bart doesn't mind?

BCM:

The main one for me is the top tube decal - the 'S' and the 'O' there don't look quite right.

The sweep on the 'S' is not a consistent width - the angle alters also at the first curve.

The 'O' also is too square looking, which suggests maybe all the letters need 'squashing down' slightly [technical term].

It may well be though that this will not appear the case once the decal is wrapped around the curve of the tube and it's no longer seen square on...

BB

Back