2010 Specialized Stumpjumper Comp HT

How do you find the Hope wheels? They get a lot of criticism on bikeradar (doesn't everything though?) as not being the most durable, so i'm intrigued on how you find them. Looks wise the black rims tone down the colours a bit, which for me makes it look much nicer. ;)

Superstu - I've had a few sets of Hope wheels and have always found them great. They may not be the lightest hubs, but they're far from heavy. Build quality is impressive and whats not to like about cartridge bearings. Can't fault them :)

RobMac - Think your Expert is a little better spec than mine, so must be 24lbs out the box. Not sure where you'd start on loosing weight from it. Cassette and chainset made a big difference on mine. I've probably added weight changing the wheels...

Think the Hope wheels are destined for my AirO, so think the Red DT wheels will be working their way back on to the Stumpy.

The Stumpy's still running well. Think this is the longest I've had a bike for a while! Only financial hardship would make me part with it.

Quick pic from a recent Duathlon I did:

Whinlatter_Du_Bike_0023.jpg

Still don't think I'll be changing much on this. Could probably do with a better set of tyres for winter as these ones are a bit slippery on wet rock. Would still love some Thompson bits, but in no hurry for them.

Back