Ben Nevis circuit - 26th November - Brrrrrrr

Bunks are paid for Gaz, don't know if we can get the following weekend, besides it is still a bit out for an accurate forecast, and if it is right think of the speeds you'll get on the uphills with a 70mph tail wind

Wind will work out great. We'll be hooring along the WHW up past Kinlochleven. I may not even bother with a chain! Then we can nip into Leanachan forest and avoid the worst of it on the way back to Ft William.

Seriously, this is the first forecast I've seen that's mentioned really high winds. Most of the ones I've seen so far have mentioned snow, and this one doesn't.

Accuweather is significantly different: Periods of rain, and hasn't got the wind picking up till Saturday night. Ie. Saturday daytime, SSW at 17mph, gusting to 47mph. Nightime: Gusting to 80mph by night.

Love your positive spin, however not going to empty a tank of petrol just cause I have a bunk paid and booked TK :LOL:

Ill keep an eye on the weather forecast but given it is wed evening.....

There are other things we can do in the area if the weather is intolerable, but I do favour the original plan :D

Apart from The Uphill Walk - most of the route is quite straightforward, not unlike Ullapool :LOL:

XCweather

Check xcweather.co.uk
Its the one we use for rescues etc and it is highly accurate even over the 7 day forecast. It updates regurlarly but is highly accurate especially regarding wind, which is what we are usually concerned with.
As they say in my country 'she'll be right'
Besides, whats the worst that could happen? :roll:

Jamie

5404188139_7d7fb33242_b.jpg

Are we not men?

Mr Panda":2hbceq1c said:
Well WE are but, erm, how can I put this ZZ ........ :LOL:
Humour me, I'm a car crashin' mad man, living on the edge. If I hadn't been distracted by that line of blaw aff that hookers ample bosom I wouldn't have lost control (of the car).

ftwill2611.jpg

Cheers Jamie, that looks to tie in reasonably well with Accuweather. Pretty gusty, but rain doesn't look too bad by afternoon.

Still too knackered :(

DaveDH is threatening to drag me to GT for the last weekend of the hub cafe but I'll be walking slowly upward if I go at all.

Pee'd off with ME, it keeps raising its ugly head whenever a great event is in the offing.

Blast :(

Back