1991 Rocky Mountain Experience

MiniNinjaRob

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Come on, own up, who deleted my build thread????? :-(

5 pages, my finest work, all gone. :cry:

Well here it is, I suppose I'll have to start it again, but it just isn't the same. The magic has gone. :-(

a4307e00.jpg

f32c11fa.jpg

403fddd2.jpg

c6068f7b.jpg

Hoping to make it look like this:

752cf0df.jpg

mate ...........thats sad news...., how could anything get deleted by anyone other than by the OP..?

surely its there sumwhere? or am i being really thick..?

Rob Atkin":3mc34ks4 said:
The URL no longer works. I've spoken to a mod already, nothing can be done.

gutted for you mate,............but look lively............you still have a special frame, a great journey ahead to look forward too, and we are all looking forward to it.......... :D :D :D :cool:

sinnerman":3isx9cfg said:
Rob Atkin":3isx9cfg said:
The URL no longer works. I've spoken to a mod already, nothing can be done.

gutted for you mate,............but look lively............you still have a special frame, a great journey ahead to look forward too, and we are all looking forward to it.......... :D :D :D :cool:

Yes let's be positive.

I'll start by thanking some people who have helped already.

Gingernuts/Badger - for remembering that I wanted the frame and giving me first refusal, selling me the frame at a good price and letting me come round even though he was really ill. Awesome!
FluffyChicken - Gripshift advice
Rio - Black Rock-ring
Vinevo - 4 finger Shimano XT brake levers

I have also ordered some Gripshift, to replace the XT thumbies. Ha ha ha that alone will mean no BOTM for me. :-D ;-)
Got some Tange Superlight forks, which look identical to the ones in the catalogue pic above. The spec says Big Forks but they aren't in the catalogue pic.

Got wanted ads up for the rest. Need a DX headset too, and a new DX front mech, and some jockey wheels. And a seatpost. And a seat. And some suitable bear trap pedals.

This isn't going to be cheap, is it??? :shock: :( :?

Re: Who deleted my Rocky Mountain Experience build thread? :

Rob Atkin":26onlgiw said:
Well here it is, I suppose I'll have to start it again, but it just isn't the same. The magic has gone. :-(

No the magic is in the rebuild of the frame into a bike which is only just starting.

Looks like a fun build whatever the expense it :)

I'm getting some money in my paypal, do I order a NOS XT QR or a seatpost? Or a NOS DX headset?

Still no suitable stem.......

Shifters have arrived.

1335941d.jpg

Now before you start slagging them off, please find me some Mk1 Gripshifts with the griptape covers and I will gladly change these!!

Found a couple of Experience bikes on the Internet.

There really isn't many around. Most chose the Cirrus I think.

Anyway, I'm glad I've got a small frame, looks much better than these!!

b793af10.jpg

This one is largely original apart from the Aheadset conversion.

a91aa7ac.jpg

Latest posts

Back