original Columbus 753 SB Raleigh

I could be wrong here, so feel free to flame me, but I was under the impression that 753 came in two designations, 753r and 753t - road and track, with track being slightly thinner and lighter. 'Standard' 753 would be 753r.

Old Ned":2ple03by said:
John":2ple03by said:
Elev12k":2ple03by said:
Bargain for an authentic Columbus 753r example

Columbus 753 is rare. Columbus 753r even rarer. Frame looks tidy, almost like a respray. Top cash though.

I hope you guys are not serious!

Even the seller says it's Reynolds!

Don't be ridiculous, I've got a frame built from Columbus 753 Pro, it's so light if I take it outside it'll blow away.

It says Columbus 753 Pro on the seat tube so it must be right!

Roadking :roll: .

This is my ordinary Reynolds 753r I acquired a while ago.

I encountered the previous and original owner at my lbs a year before I acquired it. We spoke a little about his bike and I handed him over a small note with my contact details and surprisingly enough he called me when I were ready to take the boat to UK for OWMTB 2010. Somewhat later we came to a deal.

6283696221_7c8ffe0394_b.jpg

I got it as full bike with pretty much everything Super Record, including titanium cassette. Wheels were with somewhat later Superbe hubs, as the previous owner at some point decided clinchers would be better for his needs. It is a size 62cm c-t frame - what was custom request.

SB6663 it is.

Interesting...Panasonic is a very popular livery.

I bought mine new...visited the team at Ilkeston, met O'Donovan.

Still have the bike and 531Pro is a much rarer build than all the 753 stickered ones out there.

Roadking.

Back