A nice little ride today...

I went out for an extended version of my quick Patching loop yesterday, just took a couple of photos as it was wet and muddy, both pics from close to Monarchs Way north of Patching. Unfortunately I didn't have an onboard camera to capture the bloody great stag that charged across the trail about 10m in front of me at one point!!!!!

Attachments

• IMAG0368.jpg
    IMAG0368.jpg
    128.2 KB · Views: 1,494
  • IMAG0369.jpg
    IMAG0369.jpg
    142.4 KB · Views: 1,494
wouldn't mind sneaking out on a ride with you Ross, if you ever manage to find the time of a weekend and didn't mind a tag-a-long, I'd love to know more of my local trails

I don't mind tag a longs Max, it's the 5 minute warning that I get to find out I can go for a ride that's the problem!!!!

Definitely need to meet up soon and as Rosstheboss Jr is now a little older and no one wants to go out in the pissy november weather, it should get a little easier!!!

And so it happened that on the 12th of November 2011 Rosstheboss actually went for a ride with some other people from Retrobike, namely Bobcatmax and The Green Rabbit....

And what fun it was too, if a little muddy!!! Nice pint as well!

Sorry to turf you guys away at the end, it looked like the nippers had had an earbashing and the car was about to unload an enormous portion of grump, which wasn't far from the truth.... bloody kids!

Less mud and more people next time eh?

Good to get out and ride with you at last Ross :)

No comedy puncture/faff picture? I was expecting at least one, hehe.

No worries about the turfing out, it was nigh on the the exact time for me to push off anyway..Chichester had just about sold out of everything and had kicked my missus out :LOL:

definitely less mud ;)

rosstheboss":32kkub1a said:
That was a legendary faff at my house - changing a watch battery anyone?!?!

I think a new standard has be set, mind you a close second was I’ll be there in a minute just got to find the tortoise.

Went up to Leith hill today (sorry no picks) and folowed prety much the same route as the other week , trail conditions were still realy good, a few soft spots and the odd puddle here and there, excelent ridding :cool:
no pub stop this time :cry: but i did manage to shave four and a bit hours of the time from the october ride :shock: great area to ride in .....
lots of other riders around today , they were almost queuing up to ride yogurt pots, which was prety churned up in places :( and almost no crap on the bike when finnished :D .

Decided that as my car is in for repairs, today would be a test ride of my new bike, which I have been buying and assembling over the last few weeks. Went out of Brighton, up to Devil's Dyke, back to Hove via the old Railway, then had a coffee, went along the seafront to Saltdean in the dark.

Of all the mechanicals I was expecting, the LH pedal arm coming loose about 1k from home was the oddest. Everything else ran fine, not even a gear or brake adjust - so I guess I am blaming the mechanic for the pedal arm :oops:

Bike sorted now, took a few pics with my not so good phone, but here it is anyway.

First impressions were that is it a bit shorter (wheelbase) than I am used to, it is really easy to balance on (low speed, traffic lights) and is obviously not as easy to slow down - but, have to admit, I do quite like it.

Only problem is, it needs a wash now.

Attachments

• IMAG0461sml.jpg
    IMAG0461sml.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 1,285
  • IMAG0442sml.jpg
    IMAG0442sml.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 1,285
  • IMAG0435sml.jpg
    IMAG0435sml.jpg
    117.2 KB · Views: 1,285
Back