The one and only "HOW MUCH IS MY xyz WORTH" thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kona-Ian":1m9o98x3 said:
I know someone selling some X-Lite riser bars in red and in good condition, now how much would you expect to pay for them?
Thanks.

£15-20 depending on condition

Re: Muddy Fox Courier Mega

JackHarper":1yhpprw9 said:
Can somebody tell me what this is roughly worth, it's in pretty good nick other than the obvious fading here and there.

Thanks in advance.

If its not too faded - £25 to £45 on a good day

Re: The one and only "HOW MUCH IS MY xyz WORTH" th

Hazeandfizz":u2gfqdcb said:
All,

What's my 1991 Scott Super Limited worth?
XT hubs, DX/LX derailleurs, XT shifters, XT pedals, original bike apart from bars and stem, I have a period flex stem which I would sell with the bike.

Nice early original ally MTB.

Thanks for your help,
James.

John":u2gfqdcb said:
Due to what would seem to be popular demand we've decided to setup a thread dedicated to "How much is my old bike/parts/hat worth?"

If you have a vintage/retro item and would like to know the value my suggestion would be to look back through the classifieds here and browse back though ebay.

If you really have no idea then post in this thread here ONLY. "How much" threads elsewhere will be deleted or locked.

We'll let this run and see how it goes. If you get an answer you don't like don't come running to the mods ;)

If for some reason you feel the need to comment on the validity of how much threads please do so here.

The components may be worth more than the bike as a whole, rear mechs sell for around £25, front £12, shifters, £25+, wheels £45 upwards. Even the saddle has some value here. As a whole, the bike would sell for maybe £90 to £120.

Re: Next One

jimc101":27fdboys said:
1993 Bontrager Race OR, fair condition, included are Bontrager stem w/intergrated Hyperlite Bar, Bontrager Titec Seatpin, Bontrager (Rudy Project branded) Ti saddle & Rockshox Mag21's. Size M (15" ctc seat tube)

[img]http://i1204.photobucket.com/albums/bb415/jimc101/Bontrager_race_lite.jpg[/img]

really miss mine :(

I'd suggest building up complete, or breaking it down further, and selling it in parts, to get the most in return. Complete bike can get you $500.00 USD, with maybe $50 to $100 one way or the other. Frame, alone, about half that.

coomber":3dcszckw said:
Kona-Ian":3dcszckw said:
I know someone selling some X-Lite riser bars in red and in good condition, now how much would you expect to pay for them?
Thanks.

£15-20 depending on condition

Thanks coomber, gives me an idea there.

Hi guys, finally managed to register for an account after 5 failed tries on the validation code thing! I've always had difficulty with those :shock:

This isn't my bike, but I'm considering purchasing it as a first bike for myself (i.e. one that I myself own) as I think I've been using my aunt's for much too long already!

He says it's a Carrera "Quest" but can't for the life of me find a year where one of those looks any similar to this (those are 10+ years old I think). I'm inclined to think its an old Fury, such as this: http://www.bidorbuy.co.za/item/8708650/ ... ranks.html

The specs as far as he could tell me were:
Shimano Deore Front + Rear drive train
Deore piano-style gear levers
Deore Hubs
Alex 1.008 lightweight rims hard drive tyres?
Manitou competition shocks
Alu frame
Braided? brake cables
24 gears

He wants £150 for it.. can anyone help me out, at least by identifying it? Thanks!

Attachments

• 95929140.jpg
    95929140.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 1,093
Project Two - Triple Butted Fork

I'm going to sell a set of forks I’ve had lying around and wondered what they are worth.

They are Project Two Triple Butted, they say Joe Murray on them but on this site I can only find reference to them being Kona.

They are black in generally good condition, 1" diameter head tube, threaded at the top.

Any ideas on price would be hugely appreciated.

Attachments

• IMAG0049.jpg
    IMAG0049.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 1,017
Re: Project Two - Triple Butted Fork

itsaretrovibe":3nl0ss7d said:
I'm going to sell a set of forks I’ve had lying around and wondered what they are worth.

They are Project Two Triple Butted, they say Joe Murray on them but on this site I can only find reference to them being Kona.

They are black in generally good condition, 1" diameter head tube, threaded at the top.

Any ideas on price would be hugely appreciated.

About £30 I reckon, would be more if longer and ahead 1 1/8th.

Loads of retro bikes that ought to go.......

I need to become a reformed bike hoarder, I can just about find the time and space for riding my modern bike so something(s) has to go! I'd greatly appreciate some ballpark figures on the following bikes.....

1999 Sunn Urge XC UN
17" Fuji Stout lite white/blue few marks but generally very good. Head tube badge fell off, I have it somewhere
Manitou X Vert supers (red ones)
Roox bars
Syncros stem
Syncros post
XT mechs
XT shifters
Avid v brakes
Race face cranks with OEM TA/sunn rings
Have OEM wheels but they need work, has mavic crossrides
Flite saddle
Tomac attack grips

1992 Scott Montana 20"
4130 frameset
White/blue/pink
500lx group set
Wheels a bit wobbly
Haven't looked it over in a while, it lives in the shed. I did get a silver medal on it at the 1992 English Schools Cycling Association XC championships, gotta add hundreds to the value. If only it still had the AT4 bars on it!

1991 Holdsworth Electra 20"
In very good nick last time I looked, never ridden off road
Reynolds 501 (I think)
Exage 300 LX
Flex stem with Malverns scrutineering sticker on it!
Almost identical to contemporary Claud Butler Pagan, etc but with straight forks.

1999 Santa cruz chameleon frame in black 17" ish
Recent disc brake upgrade dropouts fitted, originals retained
Dent in top tube
A few rubs and scrapes as per used bike frame
chain stay mostly ok as covered by thick protector since new

1997 Bonty Privateer frame and wheels
In a right state, was a refurb project until I found the seat tube pierced. :(
Chris king headset trapped in frame by rusty marzocchi steerer
Bonty/Chris king wheels rear hub has knackered flanges and front will need a full rebuild, nipples corroded, etc.

Any hints would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back