1993 Raleigh Activator 2

Motorcycle clubs have their 'Ratbike' subsection, looks like we have Raleigh Activators; could become a whole new thread, just to get up the 'Br*nd Sn*bs' noses ;)

Can't wait for the 'Coolwall' Poll...

We_are_Stevo":2vf4ms44 said:
Motorcycle clubs have their 'Ratbike' subsection, looks like we have Raleigh Activators; could become a whole new thread, just to get up the 'Br*nd Sn*bs' noses ;)

Can't wait for the 'Coolwall' Poll...

Couldnt agree more mate, people often forget the humble begginings of something, and BITD not everyone could afford the prestige brands, i am guessing that most people in their youth, (unless they were very lucky) had humble "MTB's"

Speaking of RATBIKES, BITD well 80's for me, I had a converted Raleigh Arena Racer, with cowhorn bars, and knobbly tyres on the 700C rims, Cobra grips from an old BMX and some all important padding on the crossbar, it was truly a RATBIKE in its day, it was stripped out and single speed and hit many a trail and woods, until i could afford something a little better :)

My mate had an activator 1 and my old dear had an activator 2. As long as remember they are heavy and have crap suspension and use em for a work/pub hack they are fine(ish). Better than my first ATB a Professional matterhorn in a rather fetching dayglo paint scheme that faded from blue to yellow to red mmmmmm nice.

johntomjoe":32qqu0f4 said:
Well have you ?

No I have never owned one, did get a go of one bitd, if memory serves it was a hunk of junk but whatever floats your boat. I don't think you need to own or even ride every BSO to know if they are good or not.

Nice to remember the first bikes some of us owned but let's not get all rose tinted. Glad you love it.

sorry didnt mean to say have you 3 times! bloody mobiles

im gonna start a thread someone else must have piccies of crap or rat bikes to share with us commoners :twisted:

Back