Is this fork tapered?

That's going to be a hybrid fork, they list them as tapered and I'm guessing it's 11/8 to 11/4

Sounds like a 1-1/8in-1-1/4in tapered, unless (unlikely) it's a 1-3/8 bottom race that doesn't use a press-on crown race. The Boardman hybrids use 700c wheels.

i take it you have tried to fit a crown race?

if it is tapered it would be 1.5" at the bottom so 38.1mm.......

MikeD":3ghy3ifn said:
Sounds like a 1-1/8in-1-1/4in tapered, unless (unlikely) it's a 1-3/8 bottom race that doesn't use a press-on crown race. The Boardman hybrids use 700c wheels.

The crown race was pressed on

Spoke the a chap called Kerian at halfords[it took 5 stores before i found him].Seems he is the boardman man so to speak and was pretty helpful,looks it is for a tapered type headset after all.
:( BUMS
Unfortunately due to my poor description over the phone he couldn't tell me exactly which frame it was for but seems likely its off a hybrid pro :?
I did however manage to get a weight thanks to my local grocery shoppe[Mr Ali Bros]

Fork weighs 560 grams :shock: That's pretty lightweight and 130grams less than a Pace RC-31.

Fork weighs 560 grams Shocked That's pretty lightweight and 130grams less than a Pace RC-31.

Remember that it's not an MTB fork (despite the disc brake mount), so comparing it with such is a bit misleading. Not a bad weight for a budget road fork, though, given that it'll be a bit overbuilt to allow for the brake (I'd hope).

Latest posts

Back