slx/xt/xtr

jamabikes":3503u80c said:
for all those saying not to use shimano brakes may i ask why? always seem easy to set up and maintain, but the only ones i have have used in anger are the new saint ones and they seem awesome.

For me its simply that I started using disc brakes in 2004 and got some maguras, I'm still using them as I've had to do nothing to them other than change the pads every now and again.

On one of my bikes I started off running xt brake levers with xtr calipers and xt rotors, and they were awful! I then changed the rotors to avid g2 and wow!!! No clue if its the same for other shimano brakes..... if you find them not working aswell as you want try the avid rotors

Russell":1bayh9as said:
jamabikes":1bayh9as said:
for all those saying not to use shimano brakes may i ask why? always seem easy to set up and maintain, but the only ones i have have used in anger are the new saint ones and they seem awesome.

For me its simply that I started using disc brakes in 2004 and got some maguras, I'm still using them as I've had to do nothing to them other than change the pads every now and again.

hmm not thought about magura discs....would match the forks, thus keeping with my bike tartiness :LOL:

I can only speak from personal experience but I fitted some magura Louise brakes back in 2004 and in nearly 8 years of regular and pretty hard use, all I've done is change the pads occasionally... oh and fit a 180mm front rotor.

I'm thinking about bleeding them this year, not because they need it, bit because I think I should!

SLX seems very functional, but I'm a tart. I bought my XTR 970 stuff off the classifieds, very nice shifting. The XT on wor lasses bike seems almost as good as the XTR to be honest

Russell":16aiebor said:
I can only speak from personal experience but I fitted some magura Louise brakes back in 2004 and in nearly 8 years of regular and pretty hard use, all I've done is change the pads occasionally... oh and fit a 180mm front rotor.

I'm thinking about bleeding them this year, not because they need it, bit because I think I should!

good to know, just put a bid on some on ebay.

Latest posts

Back