Neon Pink 1991 Haro Extreme - FINISHED P6

Great things are afoot! Or astem, and abars.

Sorry.

Managed to get hold of a NOS Haro Wing Strut bar and stem combo.

Now I fully admit at first glance these probably don't look too amazing. But give them a chance.

The stem clamp is actually 31.8mm. Yes, over 15 years ahead of it's time (well before it became popular on normal bikes anyway) Haro realised that a bigger bar clamp might be better.

This stem is chuffin HUGE. It's not named after part of an aircraft, it IS part of an aircraft!! The quill extension bit is massively oval and very tall.

Not light though.... :-/

488c60cf.jpg

Of course you need some bars to go in it.

NOS as well. :-D

Massive bit in the middle (31.:cool:

b8c9ab1d.jpg

Funky bits at the end (similar to Grove Innovations! Ish. ;))

4823e17e.jpg

All in all quite a unique bar. Nicely made too. :)

2b519374.jpg

Only one thing to do now... Cup of tea and find the Allen keys!!

Go on, admit it, this bike is so cool it'll give grannies heart attacks. :-D

I nearly had a major problem fitting the controls. The little wiggly bit at the end of the bars stops anything with a wide clamp on getting past. After some prising and gentle pusuasion I got them on. Phew!

The riding position is much more upright than I expected so it seems I may not have to resort to risers. Lets hope so!

This is going to be really beautiful Rob. Ace job so far but please - not risers, especially as you've got that great looking wing bar. Enjoying the progress.

Great job Rob. I look forward to seeing how it progresses and I must say I am most envious of the bar and stem combo. The Ritcheys look good on it, I am thinking of going to skin walls for mine instead of the black walls and I would definitley go with black grips.

Keep up the good work. :)

Bars and stem on, plus controls.

XT Thumbs and SLR Plus levers. Strange bandy bar!!
Ritchey grips will be changed for ODI I think. They just don't look right.

db57e37f.jpg

9c9d4b1a.jpg

This stem is HUGE.

bef941f2.jpg

XTII U-brake

9187a9f0.jpg

Black bolts throughout make it look much better and the pink stands out more.

169ae12a.jpg

The stem and bars just make the whole bike look "right"!

cddb372e.jpg

[/url]

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
They might be good but they look very thin - I have big hands so need a thicker grip. ODI Attack is the best choice - would be ace if I could get pink ones...

Having now seen the catalogue scans it seems that the Extreme and Extreme Comp had the same frame just painted differently. The Comp had XT with the Switchblade-like forks, the Extreme had LX/XT mix with chrome Tange forks. The Comp also had Kevlar Megabite tyres rather than wire.
Hopefully I can get some XT mechs one day but they aren't cheap.

I think I prefer the chrome forks on mine but it does deserve XT. Glad I got the Haro bars and stem - wouldn't be nearly as good without them. ;-)

Built in to a lovely bike, that has. Component choice really makes the frame stand out as well - mind you, might be difficult to stop it in that colour :)

Back